Travesty87

Where do I buy spray paint?

Question

Why do you think (working) spray paint exists in SL? (serious question)

You could try searching for it on the marketplace...but I highly doubt you find anything useful.

7 answers to this question

You can't use spray paint here. 

If you want to have spray paint on a wall for instance you need to make a texture of it.  It could have the wall texture as the back ground or have a transparent background.

Why do you think (working) spray paint exists in SL? (serious question)

You could try searching for it on the marketplace...but I highly doubt you find anything useful.

Maybe if you told us what business you want to start, we could help you figure out how to do it.  But if you wanna be a tagger, you'll have to stick to Real Life.

• Like 1

It's actually quite possible to create spray paint.  If you do a simple search in Marketplace, you'll find quite a few for sale.  The catch, of course, is that the paint is a particle display, so it is temporary.  It will disappear in 30 seconds, tops.  Still, if you wanted to use it for performance art, you could. (If you used it to make a nuisance of yourself, you could find yourself ejected or banned from a lot of places, too.)

• Like 1

Thank you rolig loon. I was wanting particle display for sure... I think i found what i needed on the marketplace. I just with i could freeze the sprayed particles, then turn that into a prim. 

On 2/12/2017 at 7:20 AM, Lindal Kidd said:

Maybe if you told us what business you want to start, we could help you figure out how to do it.  But if you wanna be a tagger, you'll have to stick to Real Life.

i would like to spray the particles and then freeze the formation to be converted to a prim. 

56 minutes ago, Travesty87 said:

i would like to spray the particles and then freeze the formation to be converted to a prim.

to do something like this then it could be emulated

an aerosol can held in the hand which animates the avatar and emits a particle stream at a canvas prim

the canvas prim face would use a pre-drawn texture (or library of choosable pre-drawn textures). A texture that acts as a slide show where each slide is a stage in the drawing process - from blank canvas to completed drawing

@Nova Convair shows here the different ways a slide show can be done

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/444851-help-cells-on-a-texture/

Edited by Mollymews
typeo