New alt is useable with no issues but older (2008) avatar will not load unless I use Radegast, why?

Sonja Aeghin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2018 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have done it all: Character tests, location changes, cache clearings, internet connection resets, official viewer and every apporved TPV and nothing changes. I can log in on an newer alt with no issues at all with everything working as it should. This avatar cannot log in without crashing within a minute on every client except Radegast, the statistics window showing little to no data transfer at all. Same computer, same connection. Radegast is fine for clearing IMs and notices but I'd like to use a normal viewer again :c Help?

4 answers to this question

That sort of behavior can be caused by inventory issues.  If you have a very large inventory or if you have some inventory folders that have a whale of a lot in them, they may fail to refresh properly as you log in.  Since you can log in with Radegast, you might consider subdividing any very large folders into smaller chunks.

Take a look at other possibilities here >>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/login_fail_without_cache_clear

• Like 2

When you log into Radegast, check to see if you have more than one "Current Outfit" folder.

If you do, file a ticket with SL support to have the additional COFs removed from your inventory (since "Current Outfit" is a system folder, you can't remove them yourself.)

18 hours ago, LearnedOne Magic said:

I have a similar issue, if I log into Radegast and strip my avi naked I can login on  the SL Viewer or Firestorm. If I try to put on a dress I freeze (longer than 10 minutes) or if I try to relog it stops at loading word though others tell me I was logged in...I can't see anything.

We have no idea what you have and haven't tried. You'll get faster, better, and more applicable answers when you give a full description of your problem and what you have tried.

The first step in troubleshooting  is make sure RLV is turned off. If you don't know what is or use RLV then that isn't the problem. Skip.

Next, try to replace your outfit with any other outfit. If this is a problem use the Ruth/Roth test avatars. Top menu, Developer (Ctrl-Alt-Q)->Avatar->Character Tests->Test Female/Male. If this renders your avatar, switch back to your former avatar and clothes one item at a time. You'll find the problem item or items.

Let us know if this doesn't work and we'll progress to other possible causes.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2018 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.