My avi has a filter over her body that looks like a shadow of a dress. how to remove?

FaithfullyMe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2625 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Have you checked to be sure you are not wearing any tattoo layers or any system clothes?

Pess Ctrl Alt Y to set the sun to mid day.  Remove everything you have worn using either worn items in he outfit window or by searching for (worn) in inventory.  You should only have 4 things worn and those can never be removed: skin, shape, eyes and hair base.

With everything removed, do you still have the shadows?

If so, wear a different skin. 

It you STILL have the shadows, wear a different shape.  Pull one from the library would be best.

My bet is there is a tattoo layer shadow for a swin suit you are still wearing. 

• Like 3

FaithfullyMe wrote:

I feel totally out of my depth on this one, because I am not up-to-date on all the new body types out there, and if Rhonda's suggestions have not worked, then the only thing I would say is if you have got your graphics settings on very high, to create maximum shadows, then obviously certain parts of your body are going to be shaded in such a way, as they would be in real life. 

To me (perhaps not as trained an eye as a lot, for my regular computer will not allow me to use Second Life with full shadows on) your avatar looks pretty much as it should, if a light source were hitting your body from above.

Have a play around with your lighting settings, see if that shadow changes accordingly, because from what you have said, about removing everything (and presumably you logged out and logged back in again too) there are no layers of anything to be visible on your body.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2625 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.