THE MESH PROJECT Designers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1595 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

You should remove your post.  This forum is not intended for airing complaints about residents or merchants, and doing so violates the forum standards of behavior.

I'll respond to your complaint though:  In Second Life, there are really only three major rules:

• Be Nice
  • He Who Owns the Land Makes the Rules
  • Caveat Emptor

The first one should be obvious.  If you're reasonable, considerate, and polite, most people will be reasonable, considerate, and polite to you!

The second means that a land owner can kick you off her property for any reason, or for no reason at all.  This is one reason why Rule 1 is so important.

The third rule applies to your situation.  "Caveat Emptor" is Latin for "Let the buyer beware."  In SL, you have little to no recourse if you buy something that is shoddy, unsupported, or even fraudulent.  This is why it's so important to do research on products, especially expensive ones, before you buy them.  I'm sorry you spent money on a product that's not working out for you...but since (according to you) the creators are not following Rule 1, you can be sure that they won't be in business for long.

3 answers to this question

You should remove your post.  This forum is not intended for airing complaints about residents or merchants, and doing so violates the forum standards of behavior.

I'll respond to your complaint though:  In Second Life, there are really only three major rules:

• Be Nice
  • He Who Owns the Land Makes the Rules
  • Caveat Emptor

The first one should be obvious.  If you're reasonable, considerate, and polite, most people will be reasonable, considerate, and polite to you!

The second means that a land owner can kick you off her property for any reason, or for no reason at all.  This is one reason why Rule 1 is so important.

The third rule applies to your situation.  "Caveat Emptor" is Latin for "Let the buyer beware."  In SL, you have little to no recourse if you buy something that is shoddy, unsupported, or even fraudulent.  This is why it's so important to do research on products, especially expensive ones, before you buy them.  I'm sorry you spent money on a product that's not working out for you...but since (according to you) the creators are not following Rule 1, you can be sure that they won't be in business for long.

This is why I rarely will buy a product that relies on an outside server to function, unless I can afford to lose the use of the product.  The owner of the server can shut it down or ban you from it at anytime for any reason.  LL can't do anything and will do nothing as they have no control or responsibility over outside websites or servers.  It is your responsibility to decide if a product is worth it to you.

The Mesh Project is dead. It's bereft of life, pushing up the daisies, gone to meet it's maker.

The sooner people stop giving them money the sooner their ugly blight will leave SL. Of course, being a server driven product, when they do close down everyone's bodies will stop working.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1595 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.