second life and ATI RADEON HD 4300 / 4500 Series

Sade Maculate

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was using the beta viewer 2-6-0-224672 with nice reults, until I accepted the UPDATE petition from the viewer. Until then it is impossible to use SL in my PC. Every time it send me the "crash report query" even that I had fulldeleted the new version with my Revo uninstaller program. 

Then I had been trying with the regular viewer, the new betta and still can´t use it.

In an attempt for using my SL as I usually done I used Revo again for deleting any raster of SL and then tried again the old betta viewer with the update option off. Now I see everything in a very slow mode and my Avatar is rendering all time long, so it is impossible to use the viewer.

Any idea? Please, I miss my SL.

THis is my hardware report from Catalys Control Center:

Graphics chipset ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series

Device ID 954F

PCI Express 2.0

BIOS Version 011.021.000.007

Bios Date 2009/09/22

Memory Size 1024 MB

Memory type DDR2

Hi Ballo, thanks a lot for the answer.

Today I uninstalled my SL viewer again, then I uninstalled the Video Card drivers.

I downloaded both, the last SL viewer and the beta one.

Using REVO I deleted all the drivers and the old NVIDIA ones from my old graphic card.

After all these, I downloaded and installed the latest Microsoft Net 4.0 driver.

I reebooted and then I installed again the ATI Drivers and the CATALIST software.

Reeboted and then installed the SL VIEWER but everytime I wanted to use it, a 00000014 (more less) error appeared and then It crashed. I found using Google that I should rename the winmm.dll file in order to start ok but in my case I just could watched the first screen, then it crashed again.

So then I installed the Beta Viewer, I renamed its winmm.dll and good news. The last beta version worked without any problem until now, so I am using it to get into SL.

By the way, in the next message I will post my full log file as you asked me to do.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.