Sign in to follow this  
nyghtshade

can i transfer a complete aviatar to a different account?

Question

Sorry thats against the TOS. The avatar is your account registered with your personal info.

3.1 You must establish an account to use Second Life, using true and accurate registration information.

You must establish an Account with Linden Lab to use the Service, except for those portions of the Websites which Linden Lab allows users to access without registration. You may establish one or more additional Accounts, provided that your existing Account is in good standing and you are otherwise in full compliance with this Agreement. You may not transfer or assign your Account and its contractual rights, licenses and obligations, to any third party without the prior written consent of Linden Lab.

4 answers to this question

Sorry thats against the TOS. The avatar is your account registered with your personal info.

3.1 You must establish an account to use Second Life, using true and accurate registration information.

You must establish an Account with Linden Lab to use the Service, except for those portions of the Websites which Linden Lab allows users to access without registration. You may establish one or more additional Accounts, provided that your existing Account is in good standing and you are otherwise in full compliance with this Agreement. You may not transfer or assign your Account and its contractual rights, licenses and obligations, to any third party without the prior written consent of Linden Lab.

i dont want to transfer my account; i want to transfer my avi... much like transferring clothes or lindens or hair.

the person i want to transfer my avi to already has a separate account of his own.

Ahh...I get what you mean, in that case...you can transfer anything that has perms that allow it....Mainly you are talking about the shape & skin, so you would have to check the perms on the ones you have.

If they are transferrable you can just drag them to your friends avatar from your inventory, but I suspect the skin will be copiable and no transfer so your friend will have to go buy the same one. A lot of clothes and hair are copiable too, so you will likely find your friend is going to have to buy most things the same.

• Like 2

I suppose you can transfer your custom shape if u make it a trans-yes to your friend. That should be good enough to give ur friend a good base of your avatar that you want to give to him.

If you have a specific skins or items such as eyes and hair and etc. that belong to the avatar that you want to transfer and it is under trans-yes then you can simply give it to him too.

He can continue with the Av from there.