How refund my linden when some gang purchase on marketplace and claim their account was stolen ?

christy Melson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2603 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

seems some people have find an good technic to get your stuff free and you loose all time the money and item ..

1 .... they purchase your pack on your market and send it as a gift  ( transaction is never to them always as gift to someone )

2 ... they claim to linden that their account was stolen.... and that not them who do the transaction or the gift recever report them for receved an gift ....... and the recever claim than he don t know the people offert  him or her the gift .... For me that and gang

3 ... linden refund them their money to( the buyer ) who claim having his account stolen  and tell the vendor than the transaction was an fraud ..

4 ... linden told the vendor than he take all way to protect your market ....( that not true that just a way to close the ticket fast )

at the end the vendor on marketplace is always the looser ...   

1 linden repossess the money to the vendor 

2 the vendor loose is pack item 

four transaction on my market this gang use this technic and seems continue with different avatar anayways they are sure than you go loose your money and your items also 

22946 linden loosing actually on my marketplace with their technic and i have not the real smiles trust me 

My question is if i must sue linden labs to the court for get my money back 

7 answers to this question

Looks like you can lost some no-copy gatcha items, a fraudster buying them, then the lab taking the money, but not returning the no-copy items?

I would use a support ticket the the lab. Be very careful to include the transaction numbers for the sale (money coming to you), and the money going when the lab take it, and also a good description that the no-copy items were not returned to you. Mention they were nocopy gatcha items and you would like them back please.

You can lodge a ticket : https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/ - choose marketplace and marketplace general.

• Like 1

Suing Linden Lab isn't likely to get you anywhere, and your lawyer is going to cost you way more than the amiount you hope to get back.  After all, you agreed to the TOS, which says (Section 4.5),

"You acknowledge that Linden Dollars are not real currency or any type of financial instrument and are not redeemable for any sum of money from Linden Lab at any time."

and (Section 6),

"You are solely responsible for your interaction with other users of the Service, whether online or offline. We are not responsible or liable for the conduct or content of any user. We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to monitor or become involved in disputes between you and other users." 

On the other hand, you really should submit a well-documented support case to Linden Lab in which you point out in detail how these people are abusing Linden Lab's complaint process to get free goods from your shop. Include full information about specific purchase, dates, and names of people involved.  Do not speculate, but do what you can to demonstrate that there has been a pattern of deliberate abuse.

• Like 2

i report all transaction to linden labs who take care of nothing .... the name of the buyer , the name of the gift recever , the transaction , the only answer you have is this purchase have be by fraudulent money obtention END ..... the tos of linden labs don t say come here play inject your real money in world christy and agree to be stolen every week by an gang and naturaly we are responsible of nothing ...

Because saying to the honest resident who play correctly than the robber can do everything and you are never responsible , this have a limit ....

and trust me i am not the only shop who was targeting by this gang band .... where you see your money repossed 30 minute later after the transaction by linden labs and items somewhere in bag of complicity robber..... Than you must agree than the stoler having a good life and you an nightmare , Sorry NO .... and that you the vendor who loose but agree with the tos to loose 22971 + the items . That Amazing !!!!!!!!

today i report every buyer of the items for complicity in organized band ... claim my account is stolen every week is more easy especially when you have 5 or 7 years old in world ...

an friend say to me in world than this gang must have targeting me and try to put me down ....

that simply for the moment i put all my pack at 525 000 000 linden , than they can t purchase , that how i must play to protect me ?

Well, no, actually. You haven't lost any money at all. All you lost was a potential sale. That gang got merchandise without paying for it, but it didn't cost you anything. You have an unlimited number of things to sell, so you can afford to give things away or even have people steal them occasionally without losing money. You just don't GAIN any money when that happens, and it makes you angry. It's also why you won't get a "refund", but it shouldn't stop you from submitting a support case.

If I properly understand it, someone bought some items from your marketplace store using what turned out to be a stolen account.   LL removed the L$ they'd paid you and returned it to the person from whose account it was stolen.

If that's the case, you haven't really lost any money.   LL have simply restored the situation to what it would have been if the account hadn't been stolen in the first place.   And it's not like RL, where you would have lost the items that were bought with the stolen account.    

If you were selling goods on Ebay and someone used a stolen credit card to buy things from you, Ebay would certainly take the money back from you to refund the credit card company when the fraud was reported, and you'd have lost the physical items (a friend of mine uses Ebay to sell jewellery she makes, and she often complain about his to me), so I don't think LL's conduct is at all unusual. 

As to suing LL for the money,  L$22946 is about US$85.   That really isn't worth taking anyone to court over.

you understand than linden removed the linden i receved ..... where are my item ? the minimum when you take back the money , its to refund the vendor with the item !!! and i not see any items back in my inventory that mean for me than all is loosing money + items ... 4 pack items somewhere in robber pocket !

why linden can make an roll back on one server when items was loose after an sims crash and all is back to people and can t do the same when your stolen ? ( i got this problem 8 years ago with an bad sim crash ) an roll back all was back , and got the items in robber account is not possible ? )

and if the items was returned to me by linden labs i can sell back on my market normal, the situation coming back to the normal .... the problem he refunds nothing and that 85 dollar like you say and this on every account or market stolen that start to be a lot ... one friend loose 20k in one transaction and other person the day before me 7 k .. etcccc .......

when you have an problem with your credit card normaly your bank have insurance to refound you .... so i don t see why linden take the money back from the vendor when the people can use their insurance compagny for fraud debit what ever the support sl or ebay or any payment fraud on web , your bank is assured for this ...

seems the vendor on marketplace have the right to loose all and the robber continu the fiesta !!! what ever you ban them they come back with an other avi

and after a lot of report to linden , he secure your account in every answer and the week after continu to be stolen ....

actually i am forced to put my pack 5250 linden at 525 000 000 to block the robber to purchase , for me that not normal situation than i must do this to secure my market ..

and what i see today ticket closing we take all disposition to secure you , same as 15 days ago and 3 stole more ... seems if you not sue them in justice you close your mouth and accept to loose all ....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2603 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.