I, & others, are unable to buy gifts for a specific friend/ ID in SL, the purchase always fails Why?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4760 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

nope, they are older than me - and age verified. He has made purchases on marketplace without a problem, but a friend & I have repeatedly tried to purchase items for him as gifts over last few months & to no avail. As I said his ID does come up - though it isn one of the 'resident' ones.

Is it a very new account?  There's a long-standing bug, https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-3126 , that's got everyone baffled, but they work round it -- it seems -- by running a manual update every Tuesday, though it seems from some of the comments that people still get missed.

Can't hurt to drop a line to Brooke Linden, I guess, if your friend continues to have difficulties.

EDITED April 14 to fix broken link to jira.. sorry.

Hi & thank you! - It does seem to be the issue in question - I've tried logging in to add my issue to the bug list, however it doesn't seem to keep me logged in when I return to the page. Today I am the queen of bugs! How do I contact Brooke Linden?! I'm fairly new to this myself, not complained before :))

Glad we've identified the probable cause of your friend's issue. According to Brooke Linden's comment, they seem to do the manual updates on Tuesdays, or they used to, so it might be worth waiting til Wednesday to see what happens, but as to your question, Lindens have email addresses in the format firstname@lindenlab.com and I've always found that emails to the appropriate Linden seem to get actioned more reliably than do notecards and IMs, particularly if they're short and to the point.

ETA -- I just tried clicking on the link in my post, and had difficulties reaching the jira entry, too.   Try going to the jira's main start page and typing WEB-3126 into the search box.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4760 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.