some person in a message threatened me with going to the police for something i didn't do.

Axel UwU

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Some person in a instant message said they are calling the police on me and accused me of stuff i never did at all. Now i'm worried if the person called cops and accused me of stuff i didn't do at all. They also accused me of molesting a sister,when i never did anything like that.

4 answers to this question

Almost certainly not.  And can you imagine the phone conversation as the person tried to explain to the police that someone in an on-line virtual world -- someone whose name and location he does not know -- has done something unspecified to him?

The general advice about dealing with drama queens is:  mute, ignore, and move on.

• Like 8

The proper response to this sort of idiocy is, as Rolig says, to simply mute him and go about your business.

There are no police in Second Life, except for some roleplay groups.  So you have nothing to worry about, in the virtual world sense.  Or, if some avatar in a blue uniform shows up at your door, you can have some fun by going along with the roleplay.  

If your accuser Abuse Reports you to Linden Lab, nothing will happen (unless you've broken the Terms of Service.)  LL does not get involved in interpersonal disputes.

If he was threatening to involve the real world police...well, as Rolig says, it's a silly idea just to start with.  In any case, local police don't have jurisdiction.  The FBI is the organization that investigates online crimes (and pretty much any interstate crime).  I don't think that the FBI is going to take any request to collar "Axelfoxthefoxyfluff" seriously.

• Like 5

Rolig & Lindal's advise is sage Axel. Also remember that every chat conversation is captured by Linden Lab [LL] via its communications servers. LL uses these chats logs to resolve issues like this. So this annoying person files any abuse report with LL, there surely will not be any chat logs to support the accusation.

You continue being foxy and have fun.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.