I also had a realator inquiring about the land and can't find recent owner

Shaystarr Charisma

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2632 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

ok so a realator came to land there, was several parcels open but no way to contact anyone to find out who to rent from nor to even continue to pay my rent.. there should have been at least anotice to me to vacate I would think  I was paid on my rent also this is sad cause I want my cats back I did try to fill out a ticket but not sure if it went through either

2 answers to this question

When you submit a support case, you will receive an automated acknowledgment from Linden Lab within minutes, so you'll know that it "went through".  You can easily tell who to pay rent to, even if the land has changed owners. Stand in the region and use World >>> Region/Estate >>> General to find the owner's name or, if it's just a single parcel, right click on the ground and select About Land >>> General.  

Huh?  There are no realtors in Second Life.

If a new land owner came to tell you that you need to vacate...well, land does exchange hands and the new owner can have his own ideas about what he wants to do with the land.  He can indeed tell you to move, or even kick you off and return your objects.  He does not have to return any unused rent, either...that is a matter between you and the former land owner.

And if that did happen, then your cats are in your inventory.  But they are probably jumbled up with everything else that was sent back.  Look for an object in your Lost and Found folder, with the symbol of a stack of little cubes.  It may have the name of one of your items, or just "object".  Go to a public sandbox, stand well away from the borders, open an edit window (very important!) and rez the coalesced object.  All your things will reappear in the relative positions they were in before.  Take them back into your inventory one by one.

If the land was NOT bought by a new owner, but simply vanished from the grid because the estate owner stopped paying for it, then you can file a support case to have the region put back on the grid long enough for you to collect your things.  Including your cats.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2632 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.