Long Distance Caming in Firestorm

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2605 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am using the Firestorm viewer. In a sim where there is a safe house 2500m above the RP area I have learned there are others who can view all the way to the RP area's ground level from the safe house. How are they able to do that? In my Firestorm installation at Avatar => Preferences => Graphics => General (tab) => Draw distance (slider) this slider can only be set to a maximum of 1024 meters, which is not hardly enough to view what those others are able to. Can viewing to ground level from the safe house in this sim be done in Firestorm? If so, how?

You can look at every place in your sim and in the neighbour sims. That works with every viewer - with more (LL viewer) or less (Firestorm) efforts.

If you find avatars that you cant see, then they prevented spying on them in the land settings. (always works 2 way - you cant see them - they cant see you)

You really want to know how? Never right clicked a name in the avatars list and checked your options like zoom in? Hard to believe.

Yes. I have done this from Radar, and also from Nearby Avatars. From the Safe House in the sky what I get is a dark screen (it is always night in this sim), as if the zoom went as far as it could go against a drawing distance limit. I could zoom in on any avatar in the region only if I am on the RP area.

But I have solved it by going to Avatar => Preferences => Move & View and checking the "Disable camera constraints" checkbox.

agentronin wrote:

Draw distance (slider) this slider can only be set to a maximum of 1024 meters

1024M around your camera. If you have moved your camera 8192M away then you will see all the objects 1024 around that.

Camming long distances is not hard at all. in my first weeks in SL I was camming 8 to 10 sims away.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2605 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.