I have an existing frame and a snapshot that was taken ... how do i insert the picture into frame

Dawn OHanlon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2624 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Debit permission gives someone the ability to take money from your account. NOT a good thing to do.

For basic building with prims see:

For how to put a picture (texture) on a prim see:

You can Google for more tutorials.

You may be able to edit the prim (picture frame). If so, open the Contents and remove all scripts. That should kill the requesting Debit Permission.

Then in selection choose the Select Face and pick the face that should receive the picture and drag your image to the texture well. You may have to size it with the repeats controls.

• Like 1

Dawn OHanlon wrote:

I have an existing frame given to me and i would like to insert a snapshot that i have taken into the frame.. how do I do that?  The frame says to give debit permissions...what does that mean?

NO ORDINARY PICTURE FRAME SHOULD ASK YOU FOR DEBIT PERMISSIONS.

Debit permissions are permissions that allow an object to take money from your account. They're used for things like the vendors you buy things out of at stores, but no ordinary picture frame should be able to do that. You might have been given an object that's scripted to be a "tip board" that allows people to pay money into it and might need permission to withdraw money from your account because of how some tipping systems work, but if you just want something to display a picture it shouldn't be asking that.

When you DO get a picture frame, you can put your snapshot into it by editing it, chosing "Select Face" and clicking on where the picture should go. It will display a "target" like overlay on that part of the frame. Then you can drag your snapshot from your inventory to that part of the frame.

• Like 2

If by any chance you DID click the Allow button when it asked for debit permissions:

1.  Immediately delete the frame or Take it back into your inventory.  As long as it remains rezzed in world it can take money from you.

2.  Check your $L Transaction Log for unexpected payments.  Abuse Report the recipient.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2624 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.