Animated poses

Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4757 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I have a question about Qavimator.

I have made some static poses in Qavimator, and that works fine. But animated poses are harder. I made a 20 frames pose of my avatar going from standing up to kneeling. It does not look so bad, it is my first try but here is my problem: I want my avatar to stay on the ground. Every time I preview the animation, she drops to her knees, and stand up again.

I found some YouTube video tutorials, but I am not able to find something about just this problem. I am sure it is possible to freeze the last frame?

When you upload you need to set it to loop and then set the in% to a high number like 99%, maybe 100% in and 100% out...I don't recall. You should be able to see it in the preview. Of course as soon as you stop the animation the avatar will stand up.

Great! I used 100% in and 100% out. She stays nice put on the ground. Problem solved, but then I get a new problem, lol.

Now, if you have time to a new question... Let us say I want to kneel, stay kneeling a while, and rise naturally. Is it possible in the same animation? Because now, I have her drop to her knees, slowly and she kneels as long as I want. But when I stop the animation she "jumps" up. Even if I used "ease out" and set it to 2 and 3 seconds.

I thought I can use 10 frames more, and then animate her standing up. I would have to sttop the animation when she was kneeling, and start it when I want her to rise. Sounds complicated. What do AO makers do? Do they have 2 separate animations, one when she kneels down and one where she stands up, and just switch between them?

Has someone written a large, detailed tutorial about Qavimator? I have tried to google it, but I only find answers to things I already know, not the things I need to learn.

Yes, I thought that it may be ease in and out but that doesn't seem to work. Two separate animations works pretty well.You could control them with gestures or a hud.

I'm not sure that you can put two animations to kneel and stand up into a standard AO though.

I haven't seen any really good qavimator tutorials. There was one on the qavimator website. The link doesn't work and I don't recall what it contained.

Try adding a blend time to the end of the animation. This will allow the animation to blend into your stand animation, which ever is playing at the time. Depending on the animations, you may want to play around with this. Personally, I haven't uploaded an animation into SL in years, that did not have some kind of blend time. Whenever possible, I like to have 1 second blend times. In the SL uploader, this is called Ease in, and Ease out. It all works best when all animations involved in a set of movements have proper blend times, or ease in, ease out times.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4757 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.