How about a Recently Posted section?

Dresden Ceriano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm seriously frustrated with the way this forum is set up.

Instead of, or at least in addition to, a section for recently created threads, I think there should be one for recently posted to threads. One that encompasses the whole of the forum, instead of having to go into each subtopic to get an idea of what conversations are going on at the time. Sort of like the part of the dashboard that was so rudely taken out when we switched to lithium.

I'd really like to see this issue discussed at the next community user group but I have no idea how to add it to the agenda, or if I even can.

It's quite possible that I'm just unaware of this being discussed before. If someone can enlighten me about this I'd be much appreciative, or at least let me know how to include it for discussion next week.

Thanks... Dres

I used to like that little scrolly box (see now I can tell you are impressed by my GeekSpeak there hehe :D) that was at the side of each page on the old SLX forum, where it gave the last 10 posts for anywhere on any subforum on a loop.

That was really handy when you saw something of interest scroll past and you could click to go there.

LiveReport wrote:

There is one this is 
 to the section.

When I tried that section and hit reply on a post, it took me to blogs. 

When I looked on the main page for the link to that section,  I could not find it.

So ...  I agree,  they need to make a recently replied to section that is prominent!

Thanks for the info! 

LiveReport wrote:

Paladin Pinion wrote:

Recent by thread and message:

What is the difference between that one and this one?

ETA: It seems this one is more complete.

Hi, if you use secondlife.lithium.com then you may not be properly logged in and miss sections like off topic and private areas. Use the community.secondlife.com version.

The first link show all new threads, blog posts, answers topics, etc. The second link shows individual posts, but only in the forums sections.

Community hidden links on the SL wiki has a list of new content pages with a variety of options, with the correct domain already plugged in.

Thanks I figured that out already... all by maselfs... lol. Still I don't understand why this feature is so hidden. I can't see anywhere to be able to get there from anywhere unless you have the direct link. I ended up just typing "message" into the url where "thread" was and hitting refresh. And who would know to do that?

There should be a prominent link to it on the main forum page. Seems like an easy fix. I'd like to add it to the agenda but it seems like what's there now is from last week still. Should I just add it to the bottom?

...Dres

I am pretty sure that subject came up in the last meeting; it may not have been on the agenda but I'm pretty sure someone asked for the feature. Can't even call it a feature, really: it's something that would be reasonably expected, don't you think?

ETA: I recalled it incorrectly (that almost never happens). Was in the meeting on 3/31 and the question had to do with sort by most recent post not being the default setting in Preferences. I know I've seen requests and/or comments that the first thing you see on getting here is the most recent posts, though.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.