can i change my resident name, its misspelled

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1533 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Nope.  Your resident name is like your Social Security number, your DNA profile, and your fingerprints.  It is a unique identifier that can never be changed for any reason.  You may use a Display Name if you wish, or you may open a second SL account ( an alt ), but the name on this account is yours forever.

• Like 2

4 answers to this question

Nope.  Your resident name is like your Social Security number, your DNA profile, and your fingerprints.  It is a unique identifier that can never be changed for any reason.  You may use a Display Name if you wish, or you may open a second SL account ( an alt ), but the name on this account is yours forever.

• Like 2

SpeacialK wrote:

i would like to change my name to specialk

SpecialK might already be a taken name, and so unavailable. Is this your favourite breakfast cereal?  At least with your unique misspelling, you won't be sued for copyright infringement.  

Follow Rolig's advice. Change your Display Name to whatever you would prefer to be called. 

• Like 2

If your account is brand new you can of course just abandon it and start a new one. You can only take transferable belongings with you to the new account though, so that's not a good option if you've already started to fill up your inventory with old junk irreplaceable valuables.

• Like 1
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1533 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.