Why is Viewer 2.6 deleting the contents of notecards when using keyboard copy and paste?

Caleb Kit

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4759 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi,

I downloaded and upgraded newest viewer a couple of nights ago. Last night while trying to prepare notecards and announcements for a memorial service and 2 other events I ran into this problem.  Whenever I was in a notecard that had text and I tried using my physical keyboard Ctrl-C command it would erase the contents of the notecard. When going to new notecard and typing Ctrl-V a small v appears in notecard.  However, if I right click on text in old notecard and select copy from the drop down menu and also when going to the new notecard I right click and select paste it works.  Just can't use real keyboard.   I have relogged, cleared caches, etc. Still no avail. Logged in early this morning and still the same. Looked in bug section and it seems this has been around for a while with different viewers. Guess it my time to get bit.  I can't figure out bug section so didn't file one. I have been with Viewer 2 on my main desktop since the beginning. Used snowglobe on a laptop today and it did not have this problem in same sim.  Main desktop is iCore7(1st gen), 6Gb Ram, Win7 64bit Ultimate, newest version Second Life viewer(2.6 something), Nvidia 250GTS video card.  Thanks. 

Caleb Kit

3 answers to this question

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4759 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.