Damon Bento Head / Need Opinions on Best Body Type to Purchase

Cerebrogasm

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2624 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi - I purchased the "Damon" (vendor: GA.EG) Bento head today. What mesh body do you recommend I buy to complete this avatar? This is my second avatar (I'm very new at SL - 3 months) - I have a TMP now on my primary avatar - but clothing is often an ordeal to fit due to texture map tearing - (even using the included alpha HUD). My goal with this new avatar is realism, realistic attractive muscularity, and a clothing shape that fits easily - (also, any advice on skins or other accessories - greatly appreciated). Thanks!

As a female in Second life the body I find to be the most pleasing IS the TMP body, I love the style of it but it always seemed really confusing to me to use, so I do not blame you for wanting to switch. As for a new body I quite enjoy the look of the Adams or slink. But this is all personal preference. Your body depends on your style, like if you wanted to be buffer and bigger than the aestetic body would be for you, if you are interested in Bento hands than Slink body is the one that is compatiable with it. As for compatibility with most things in secondlife (clothes,tats,skins, etc.) I do believe adams and slink offer omega appliers and think most mesh clothes come in a size for both bodies.

Now I am not sure about slink but I do know adams comes with hands with different pose animations and feet, Slink you may have to buy seperately. 

Skins do make all the difference though!!! 

I really enjoy L'etre skins and samari skins on guys

Most mesh bodies offer a demo that you can try stuff out on so go get a demo of a skin get some bodies and play around to see what you like 

Thank you Tennlea,

My primary (and only) avatar is all TMP and I have asked by many men (and women that admire the shape and realism) what it it is built from (they aren't using Inspect tool, I guess). I've read comparison articles between body types and TMP nearly always rates the highest in attractiveness & realism, but also highest in frustration to use - especially in clothing fit.

I understand that Maitreya will be releasing a male body - I may hold off for that since the designers did so well in the realism female of anatomy. There's another option - I disassmeble my primary TMP avatar and see how this new head looks mounted on the TMP mesh.

What would be ideal is if developers would allow us access to the actual interior skeletal detals and UV maps. That way customization could be even further enhanced (I do something similar in the movie biz with photrealistic "digital dolls," which are basically avatars of movie actors used to perform risky kinematics, for example, over a very short sequence where viewers can't see the deception). Giving away the actual coding might equate with giving away the "family jewels," but external tools that do not threaten intellectual properties, might be a way future avatar customizations could evolve.

Thanks again for your input!

I am sorry for coming so late to the thread. TS may have bought his body already.

One thing that I think no one mention, is that some bodies offer the option of different tattoos on the arms. The most easy way is to simply turn off the tattoo layer on one arm and then you get a sleeve on one side. (Example image here: http://seraphimsl.com/2017/02/08/get-inked-at-bodyfy/b020817endlesspaintattoos/) I think it's possible to apply another tattoo on the other side as well. For the first time in SL, mesh bodies can offer freedom from the mirrored arms image.

Slink (Both male and female) Signature and Niramyth offer this one arm option.

TMP, Maitreya, Absolut Creation (Eve and Adam), Tonic and Belleza does not offer it. Feel free to correct me. The mesh body part market is changing fast.

In my opinion, the Signature is closest to TMP in looks. I would rank them like this: Slink for thinner, lean bodies, Signature for fit to muscular, Niramyth for very muscular.

You can only take down Niramyth to a fit option, you can't make a thin body from it. You can increase muscle mass on Slink, but the muscles is not very sculpted in the body already, so the arms and legs will be thicker, but not bulging. Signature can go up to almost Niramyth and almost down to Slink.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2624 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.