Every time I teleport I crash. offers to view chat or log out sometimes

MistresssLily

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2630 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Everytime I try to teleport I crash.  First it takes forever to tp.  Firestorm either goes to Not responding and turns white screen or I get the box that says I have been logged out of Second Life.  Do I wish to view chat or quit.  When I quit it goes to not responding and white screen before it shuts down.  I am on the lowest setting in the preferences for graphics.  no shading or water etc clicked.  My scripts  for my AVI are on 35.  I have had them higher and have not had this issue.  I do not know why I have this issue now.  Everything was running great after the last update to 64 5.0.1.52150.   Then suddenly I am crashing left and right and every single time I teleport without fail.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this please?  Thank you for your help.

Lily

2 answers to this question

Lily, it sounds like your internet connection is wonky.  Fixing it can entail a lot of troubleshooting.

I recently had a problem with my internet, for example.  My Resident Geek installed an "updated" driver for my network card.  Soon I noticed that I was taking forever to log in, and having chat lag, and crashing a lot.  My network speed was fine, but visiting web sites and downloads were slooooooowwww.  It took the Geek about two weeks of fiddling with things, including wiping my entire hard drive and reinstalling everything, before he found the problem, a little setting in the driver called "Energy Efficient Ethernet."

Most likely that is not your problem, but I relate the tale because a problem can be something in your machine, in your router, your cable (or wifi if you use it, which you shouldn't), your internet service provider, your DNS servers...anything in the long chain between Linden Lab's servers and your computer monitor.

The first thing to do is to reboot your router/internet modem.  Power it down for a couple minutes, then switch it on again and let it come back up.  You might do the same with your computer, while you're waiting.

If that doesn't help, see this page for more things to check: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2630 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.