Inventory

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Does anyone know the answer?  I'm missing several outfits and items from my inventory.  Whole saved outfits are completely gone.  I'm really ticked about this! Where is my stuff? If I delete SL Viewer and reinstall will that help?  This is ridiculous that so many items can just vanish! The folders are there, but there is nothing in them. One outfit I saved years ago and needed for a dance tonight was completely empty. Luckily I could find it and buy it again, but really?  Why should I have to waste Linden when it's not my fault stuff is disappearing. Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

2 answers to this question

Hold on there, and don't panic.

First, do you really mean that Outfits are missing?  By "Outfit", I mean that you assembled a look, and then used Appearance/Save As, and saved the entire ensemble as an Outfit?

In that case, you certainly don't have to re-buy the items.  An Outfit is merely a collection of links...shortcut pointers to the actual items in your inventory.  Even if an Outfit is deleted, the objects that made up the Outfit are still there.

However, it can be a huge chore to try and remember just which things you used to create a particular Outfit.  Fortunately, most inventory loss problems are fixable.  The only thing that's broken is the inventory cache on your local machine's hard drive.  The actual inventory is still on the LL servers. See this page for things to try, to fix this problem: http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_missing_inventory

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.