in game i click the $ for linden and it doesn't work why

cynda Copperfield

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i  get money threw  the  secondlife  dash board ,  but i wantto be able to  click on the dollar sign  up on my  viewer  and recieve it with out  having to  to out of  second life  tho  retrive it ,   i should just be able to  go up and click on my  dollar sign  and   get  lindenas that way ,  can  you  help me 

3 answers to this question

That "Buy L$" feature in the viewer is a convenience, but I don't recommend using it. Personally, I never do.  As you have discovered, it isn't always synced smoothly with the LindeX, where the actual transaction is taking place.  When you click on the link in the viewer, the system is still having to connect to the LindeX, but there's a delay between the actions you take and whatever happens in the LindeX.  You may not see any change in the viewer for a while.  The only guaranteed way to buy L$ and see the change in your account balance  immediately is to open your dashboard and go to the LindeX.

Rolig and Amethyst have given you good advice.  I will add that you don't have to close your viewer in order to buy $L on the website.

1.  Reduce your viewer window in size by clicking the little squares icon between the minimize (-) and close (X) icons in the upper right corner.

2.  Open a web browser, navigate to your Dashboard page, and log in.

3.  Buy your $L.  Close the browser and then make your SL viewer window full screen again.

This is easier if you have a really big monitor, or better yet a multi-monitor setup.  But it can be done on a single screen, even a laptop.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.