How to get custom shapes to work?

WhiteBoi360

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Today is my first day.. Im a fast learner.. but I can't seem to get this shape I found in the marketplace to work..  Sadly I'm a freebie.  But I found a shape that I wanted to test out to see if I could do it and when I put it on, nothing happens.  And a lock button pops up to the right of it, so I can't even edit the shape or anything..

the one I was trying is  on here    https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/FREE-Gift-Box-BELISSIMA-SHAPES-MALE/1610736

If anyone could help I'd appreciate it,  thanks

Marketplace items are usually delivered in a sales box. You need to rez the box on the ground, either at a sandbox or in any other area that allows you to rez prim items, right-click and open the box, and click "copy to inventory". The box will unpack into an inventory folder where you can find your shapes.

It appears that the shapes in this set are not modifiable, according to the Marketplace listing. If you want to customize a shape, you're better off creating your own shape. Right-click any folder in your inventory and select "new --> body parts --> shape". That will create a basic shape which can be altered with the sliders in the appearance menu after you put it on (doubleclick the shape, then right-click yourself and select "appearanc"e to bring up the menu).

The reason you can`t edit it them because they are no-mod & judging by the reviews they sound like its a good job they are free.

If you are prepared to have a go at editing a shape, you can always create a new one and edit it entirely yourself, so you are named as the creator.

Or if you would prefer a slight headstart, I would recommend going to your Library section of your inventory and in there you will find a different shape in just about every single folder, all full perms.

If you check through them all to find the one that looks most like you want to look - Mainly the faces as thats the hardest thing to get looking good IMO - then wear that one and edit the bits you don`t like so much & rename it so that you can always find it easily.

What Rhonda said. The shape is just a shape - with the default Linden skin that the avatars come with, you will not se so much difference unless the height and body mass is very different.

I can be wrong, but I think that ViGo mainstore had 2 packs of free shapes. They are tall and muscular, like the one you found at the marketplace. I can't remember if they are modify.

http://slurl.com/secondlife/DHara/58/232/3006

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.