FPS dropped to 2

AAA1122

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2615 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am having second life low performance issue more than my other friends and for the last three days it has become severe as whenever I try to move my camera it takes time to move. The FPS drops to 2 from around 20 after logging in, in any SIM.

I have tried testing Firestorm and other viewers and only Singularity helped me to survive the previous few months. I tried to log in to FS last night and could not stay logged in for 1 minute. 

I did a clean system reinstall last night in a hope the condition will improve, but it did not improve anything. I still move slowly and crash.

Following are my stats of PC while on singularity viewer. The FPS stays same in other SIMs as well, unless I press ctrl+alt+shift+4 and crtl+alt+shift+9, then the FPS rises to 50.

Singularity Viewer (64 bit) 1.8.7 (6861) Jun 16 2016 00:32:38 (Singularity)
Release Notes

Grid: Second Life

Built with MSVC version 1900

You are at 137579.3, 326802.5, 51.7 in Einherjar (537, 1276) located at sim10089.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.48.155:13022)
Second Life RC Magnum 17.01.12.322824
Release Notes

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30GHz (2294.81 MHz)
Memory: 4005 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
Graphics Card Vendor: Intel
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
Windows Graphics Driver Version: 8.15.0010.2342
OpenGL Version: 3.0.0 - Build 8.15.10.2342
RLV Version: RLV v2.8.0 / RLVa v1.4.10a

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.48.0 OpenSSL/1.0.2g zlib/1.2.8 WinIDN
J2C Decoder Version: OpenJPEG: 1.5.2
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Studio 1.08.04
LLCEFLib/CEF Version: 1.6.0-(CEF-WIN-3.2526.1364)
Packets Lost: 91/6364 (1.4%)

I tried removing my clothes and mesh ody in normal mode, it still did not help the FPS rise more than 5. The graphics is at lowest level.

Ping 110ms

Download speed 1.85mbps

Upload speed 1.1mbps

AAA1122 wrote:

Graphics Card: Intel® HD Graphics Family

The graphics is at lowest level.

Reckon this is your problem. Could you clarify which Intel HD graphics adapter you're using specifically?

It'll be listed in Device Manager (Start > Run > "devmgmt.msc" > Graphics Adapters)

--

I can only speak for the standard Linden Lab viewer - I don't use Singularity or FS.

It sounds like you're on the bottom-end of SL performance, and as SL improves your machine's having more and more trouble keeping up. Intel HD graphics - as far as I'm aware - are chip-based processors, not full free-standing graphics cards. They're not designed for 3D environmental rendering for anything but short stretches.

Consider upgrading your card to improve performance.

Thank you for your reply, Freya.

I checked it on Device Manager and under the Display adapter section there are two drivers listed:

AMD Radeon HD 6470M

Intel® HD Graphics Family

The Radion is version 8.860.0.0 and the Intel is supposed to be Intel HD Graphics 300 (checked on GPU-Z)

My Laptop model s Dell Vostro 1450 running Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 (64 bit)

I do want to change my graphics card now if it is the only reason of my SL low operformance.But not sure if I need to change processor and others as well or increase RAM?

Your CPU provides HD3000 graphics. That is the problem. The HD2000/3000 graphics will work better with the 32-bit viewer. The current project Alex Ivy 64-bit viewer will have serious problems with HD3000... if it will even run.

Check to see if your laptop has a dedicated video chip, NVIDA or AMD/ATI. If it does set up a game profile in the video tools to force the laptop to use that chip when running SL. By default most laptops avoid using the dedicated graohics chip to save power and only change over when they recognize a game. SL is almost never recognized. So, you have to manually enable.

If you only have HD3000, you'll have weak perfoamance. You can lower your graphics settings and set your ACI limit to 100k and see if that helps.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2615 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.