Region map

Abiz Abbot

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2063 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm wondering about region map that we can display on a prim.  The simple script that connected to gridsurvey seems does not work for ages. If I still want to create prim of region map, what is the alternative? And if anyone knows about region map in 3D, please let me know. Thank you.

Linden Lab's Map API still works fine, and so does the one at gridsurvey.com. In fact, if you start with a basic script like this, you can do some very creative things:

string query_string;key requestID;default{    touch_start(integer total_number)    {        query_string="region=" + llEscapeURL(llGetRegionName()) + "&item=objects_uuid";         requestID = llHTTPRequest("http://api.gridsurvey.com/simquery.php",[HTTP_METHOD, "POST",HTTP_MIMETYPE,"application/x-www-form-urlencoded"], query_string);    }        http_response(key req_id, integer status, list meta, string body)    {        if (req_id == requestID)        {            llSetLinkPrimitiveParams(LINK_THIS,[PRIM_TEXTURE,4,body,<1,1,0>,ZERO_VECTOR,0.0]);        }    }}

Thank you, Rolig! I checked your script. If this still works, it means I have been doing something wrong with mine because my script is similar to yours. I had used it for a long time until one day, it stopped working. The whole map turns dark. I thought it was the error from LL or gridsurvery because another one I bought from MP also does not work. The map also does not show. It only displays dark color.

Anyway, I'm rechecking. Thank you again :D

Hi Emma, thank you for pointing out different reason.  You're actually right. I didn't think about it. I tried both of my script and from Rolig in the sim without sim surround. The map shows up now :P My friends could manage to map our map by removing sim surround to get a map pic and put it back later :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2063 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.