i got hacked and they suscribed me an annual prenuim how do i stop it??????

yourqueenmyriam

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2076 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hmmmm... That's one I have never heard before.  It is virtually impossible to be "hacked" in SL, but it is fairly common to lose control of your account because you shared login information (either deliberately or because you were scammed) with someone else.  If you think that's what happened, follow these instructions immediately >>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Account_Security  Describe the situation in as much detail as you can and hope for the best.  Linden Lab will lock your account as soon as you submit the report and will release it again when then have finished investigating.

• Like 3

2 answers to this question

Hmmmm... That's one I have never heard before.  It is virtually impossible to be "hacked" in SL, but it is fairly common to lose control of your account because you shared login information (either deliberately or because you were scammed) with someone else.  If you think that's what happened, follow these instructions immediately >>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Account_Security  Describe the situation in as much detail as you can and hope for the best.  Linden Lab will lock your account as soon as you submit the report and will release it again when then have finished investigating.

• Like 3

I'm afraid that it's your responsibility to keep you password safe from others, so don't take it for granted that you will get a refund. You can cancel the membership any time you like though. That won't stop it right away but it won't be automatically renewed.

On the positive side: An annual membership costs 72 dollars and for the first year it comes with more than 60 dollars worth of Lindens in weekly stipend and signup bonus. If you keep those Lindens and exchange them once the premium has expired, you can recover most of your money eventually.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2076 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.