Sign in to follow this  
LynValentine

Unable to copy copyable content into a empty OC AO

I used to use the Anti Slide function of Open Collar, because i use a AO from Tuty's and not the OC AO. This worked fine with version 6.0.1, but then i updated to version 6.4.0 and since then Anti Slide does no longer work with my AO from Tuty's. I asked then in the Open Collar group for help and they told me that i could copy the content of Tuty's AO into a folder, then i should wear the empty OC AO and copy the content of that folder into the empty OC AO.

Sounds easy and it should be easy too.

I copyed the content of Tuty's AO to a folder in my inventory, then i wear the empty OC AO and whenever i try to copy the content of the folder to that empty OC AO i see that the cursor changes into that symbol which says that i can't do that.

I checked all the files from Tuty's and they are all Copy, Mod, No Transfer, so i should be able to copy them to the empty OC AO.

It seems i do something wrong, but i have no clue what.

Try rezzing the open collar AO on the ground and then r-clicking the Ao, selecting edit, going to its contents tab and then dragging and dropping the aminations from your inventory into the contents of the open collar AO.

Ok...

1. Anti-Slide, never really worked, there was no guarantee that the tacky walk posze in the collar wasa higher priority than whatever mainstream ao you were using, the poses wewre selected apparently on the basis of how damn ugly you were, etc.

2. OC 6 is basically designed as a NuGor-Evolved friendly collar, where masters complain if their 'girls' stand up to walk on a leash, prefering the traditional SL Gor 'Ass-Drag' approach.

Solution is easy, use an oc compatible AO, you can in theory get a script to drop in the mainstream ao to provide that compatibility, but I've always found that it tends to just kill your ao when the collar poses are used and back to ass-drag or antislide-fuglywalk.

Best option is put mainstream ao into your oc sub ao.

However, most mainstream poses will be 'no modify' and you cannot add no mod items to a worn object via edit, you MUST rez the oc ao hud inworlkd and then add contents to it, the process with a tuty's is fairly painless, as its a zhao system.

So just copy all the poses and the notecard from the tuty to a folder in inv, then copy the poses from that to the oc ao, rename the tuty notecard something suitable like TU-Elite for example, throw that into your sub ao, THEN, edit the AO huds name, to say "My Custom Sub AO" while its rezzed because you cant do this once its in inventory or worn, pick it up, take a spare copy of it, wear the copy, good to go,

Antislide-fugly off, ass-drag prevented, walk = sexy!

Ok, rezzing the AO to the ground did the trick. I was able to copy the content of the Tuty's AO to the empty Open Collar AO and now Anti-Slide works perfect.

Now i need to get used to the fact that the Open Collar AO will override EVERY animation and pose of huds and normal furnitures, something which the Tuty AO (priority 3) rarely did. I need to turn the AO off BEFORE i use a hud or furniture or the AO will sooner or later override the pose and/or animation.