Scripted spout that goes off every 200 seconds

CpChan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all!

I'm currently struggling with making a particle script that spouts stars for 2 seconds, before shutting off and waiting 200 seconds to start again.

I have a base script that has the desired effect and look of the particles, but it halts the script after the initial burst, and that's it. I'm not a scripter, so I'm at a loss at how to fix things. If anyone could help me out, I'd really appreciate it! I can provide more info if needed, as well.

All you need to do is script a timer event that follows logic like this -- purely schematic, not a complete script:

timer(){    if (iParticles)    // Switch is turned ON    {        llParticleSystem([]);    // Turns off the particles        iParticles = FALSE;    // Turns off the switch        llSetTimerEvent(200.0);    // Resets the timer period    }    else    // Switch is turned OFF    {        // Start your particles here        iParticles = TRUE;    // Turns on the switch        llSetTimerEvent(2.0)    // Resets the timer period    }}

Just be sure to make the flag variable, iParticles, a global integer variable so that its value is retained each time the timer triggers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.