How do I post a google calendar up on an object?

DanielG Tigerfish

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My company works mostly on Google and we would like to put up a Google Calendar on our island that showed what days we are doing trainings and on island office hours. Google makes it so that a lot of us can edit the calendar to add our own hours and events whenever we want and it is something that everyone is used to so it is basically a must that the calendar is accessible this way. 

However, I'm having the hardest time finding information about how to go about putting up a real-time Google calendar. I know it has been done before but I can't seem to find a purchasable object or how to convert the HTML that Google provides into something that works with the code in Second Life.

Am I making this too hard? Do I really just enter in the HTML code into an object's script? Or has Google updated their calendars so that they are no longer compatible with SLURL? 

Thank you for reading.

1 answer to this question

Many years ago, I scripted several applications that imported Google calendar information that could be parsed and displayed in chat summaries. Those scripts all stopped working a couple of years ago when Google redesigned their calendar system.  It is possible to display a Google calandar as a static web page with Media On A Prim (MOAP - Linden Lab's Shared Media), but not to edit or abstract it.  This has been a frustration for the organization I did most of the scripting for, but there seems to be no way around it.  It is still certainly possible for anyone who has permission to edit a Google calendar to edit it on line.  They just can't grab the HTML and manipulate it meaningfully with LSL.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.