Inventory update?

Ricky Zhichao

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4763 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is it only me wondering this or something wrong in my setting but with all older viewers and also some earlier viewer2 viewers there has been a feature: when I have inventory open and take something to it or receive something to it, the inventory will automatically open the folder where item goes so I can see where it is. Now I just take item and wonder then where did it go. Yes, I know I can use recent.So maybe its supposed to use it always. But anyway, it wont open normal inventory to that folder but need to open main folder and next and next and next..to find it. Well..whatever..who cares;)

Hi Ricky.

There is a debug setting controlling this. I wonder if it is set to not show new inventory by default. I don't know as I prefer not to and have turned it off a long time ago.

The debug setting I think is 'ShowNewInventory'. Set it to true and you should have the functionality back. (I might remember the setting name wrong, but hopefully not...)

- Luc -

oh....thanks a bunch..except that seems that I have all "show--" debugs TRUE which sound like this feature..so..still wonder if it just doesnt work. Same problem when change item texture..sometimes it updates inventory to current texture name but mostly it always disppears and show nothing

Ricky Zhichao wrote:

oh....thanks a bunch..except that seems that I have all "show--" debugs TRUE which sound like this feature..so..still wonder if it just doesnt work. Same problem when change item texture..sometimes it updates inventory to current texture name but mostly it always disppears and show nothing

Hmmm.... That has usually done the trick for me when I've needed it.

The only other thing I can think of, is related to group notices. Sometimes, when you receive items attached to a group notice, and you click the link in the popup for the notice, the item never arrives in your inventory. Thus, there is no folder to open, since the item has not been put anywhere. But this does not happen in all cases.

Apart from that, I don't know what else could affect this.

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4763 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.