So all these, I am looking for a partner threads, do they work?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am just cureous, you see them all the time, people posting in here looking for a partner, hey I even made one, and yes I found my match, bu tit had nothing to do with the post here. I was wondering, do these things even work? if so how often? Has anyone here ever found a partner through a forum post?

Talligurl wrote:

I am just cureous, you see them all the time, people posting in here looking for a partner, hey I even made one, and yes I found my match, bu tit had nothing to do with the post here. I was wondering, do these things even work? if so how often? Has anyone here ever found a partner through a forum post?

Ya might be better starting a thread like this in a general discussions space. 

Specially on a Friday.

• Like 1

Does it work? Probably not, but when has that ever stopped people.

Worth remembering that a great many sl residents only actually know 3 or even 2 sims... the premium ghetto where their free hovel is, and a club that they found via the destination guide, and the store where they buy some of their clothing.

They meet few people, and thus have few opportunities to find that 'special person'.

I have no idea what the sim is called where my premium ghetto hovel is. I could only guess at what letter it starts with.  :smileylol:

Rosedale was the first "empty" sim I learned about before it was actually empty.  It's not empty again.  I still use it for login problems.  It's the only sim I actively tried to remember.

Then there is the hangout sim.  Nostalgic and a little sad but I still have my home point there which bugs my Clover to no end.  Which in turn keeps me for putting it anywhere else.

Then there are some that have funny names.  Names of places that are what they are; like ... what do you call land where women are dominant.?  That's the name of a sim.

Then the stores.  Some are easy to remember.  Sn@tch is on Sn@tch City.  Others like Indyra's are different than the store name.  Namaste for this example. 

Then the event sims.

And my favorite, usually empty premium sandbox ;)

I bet if given a bit of time to think most people can name a dozen or more sims.  I'm a home body and can name more than that.

Quinn Lysette wrote:

i know  millions of places in sl havin been a member almost 17 years and naw  theres no 1 out there
:(

17 years huh, that's a long time and very impressive especially impressive since the site was launched in June of 2003, So it will be 14 years old this coming June. You somehow did this for three years before the site even existed.

Rhonda Huntress wrote:

I have no idea what the sim is called where my premium ghetto hovel is. I could only guess at what letter it starts with.  :smileylol: 

Oddly, I've actually encountered that problem, some poor girl came to the hangout I use most often asking for help...

Sh'd forgotten to set her hovel as her home location, didn't know what the sim was called (let alone which of the 2 dozen identical boxes on it was hers), and all she could remember about the place was the general style of the house (those all-roof-no-wall A-frames) which didn't really narrow it down much in a vast sprawling estate.

We comforted her as best we could, and said she could stay with us, then put her in the hanging cage...

I do not think those threads work at all. It is like all those "seeking a partner" sides in the internet and you must be damn lucky to really find a match. Not that i have any knowledge about online-dating but i read how it usually goes.

To find a partner in SL, it needs a bit more effort and time INWORLD. I have made best experiences with themed sims like roleplay Sims. You know when you go there that you will find likeminded people, people with similar interest, people you can talk with about themes and things which are of interest for BOTH.

Threds about partners are like PAC boards (a place for owners and pets to find each other).

It works sometimes. But most of the time you find "Who you happen to meet" rather then "What you're looking for". If you're picky you're not going to get results with threads/PAC boards. If you're adaptable then people get interested. Had some interest myself because I'm not picky.

Poly aside at least. I'm adaptable not a magician.

• 2 weeks later...

personally Im just here to meet new people and do some casual flirting/RP, but thats about it

Not saying there cannot be meaningful relationships from SL but you gotta keep in mind that this is still the Internet: many ppl just want to get a quick ride any aka being opportunistic

TL;DR if you are explicitly looking for dating, you better off on OKCupid and other explicitly dating services.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.