Without a badge.. (My question of the day)

Kolby Nissondorf

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4759 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I think it's generally a sign that the person doesn't post very often, although some people do hundreds of posts without a  badge so it's not a general rule. Personally I like to at least see an avatar, as it makes it so much easier to work out who's posting.

Having said that, I think we should recognise that 'newbs' should get just as much respect and attention as anyone else. Often they have a new outlook on an old topic, which can really add to the discussion. So I dislike the use of the word 'newb' as a derogatory one. Not that I'm saying that's what you are doing, Kolby.

Well, given that Irene has no badge and I'd hardly call her a "newb" the answer has to be 'No'! :)

I like the badges, but purely for artistic reasons (hence I created the thread with advice on how to create one). I like seeing the creative things people have done with their badges, but I don't judge people based on if they have a badge or not. For one thing - Irene is one of my favorite people on the forums! :smileyhappy:

Kolby Nissondorf wrote:

How could  I set that as a badge then? lol

ETA: You figured it out before i posted! lol I'll leave this comment though in case any other reader comes along and wants to create a badge.

I should have linked to my thread on how to create a badge, sorry.

You should be able to save the image Keli created to your computer then upload it yourself for you badge. The guide i wrote is here:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Your-Avatar/How-to-create-a-cool-forum-avatar-badge/td-p/707025

It's a bit long-winded unfortuntely (partly my fault because I'm a terrible waffler. Partly the fact that its a bit of a complicated process!) However, given that Keli has already created the image you should be able to jump to point 5 and work from there if you want to use the badge :)

@Irene: I don't need Kudos for stating the truth, but thanks! :smileywink:

Pep wrote:

Lia said: "I think we should recognise that 'newbs' should get just as much respect and attention as anyone else."

Pep (Agrees - neither should get any respect whatsoever until they prove they deserve it.)

Oh Pep, I've missed your acerbic wit. You brightened my Friday.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4759 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.