Appear OFFSIM when getting into Animation

Poison Aura

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all, I really need help about this, I dont know if Im the only one and really dont know where to post this.

My avatar appears offsim (or in the outer space O.o) when I get into an animation (ball), no matter who the creator is.

Printscreen:

screen SL.jpg

Im sometimes alone and sometimes there are some pp around me.

I log out sometimes when it takes too long to "come back" to the point I was, or ask someone to "teleport me back" and that helps to "come back".

Happens with the 3 viewers, 1.23, SL 2 and now Phoenix too.

I thought it was my AO, but no matter i have it On or not, i get the same issue.

Can anyone tell me why that happens to me?

Thanks in advance

u.u ~Poison~

If the object is being used for a sit teleport, this is normal behavior.  Scripts for short-range (within the sim) teleport use either the WarpPos or PosJump function.  Both of those will move an avatar very quickly in a series of 10m jumps from one spot to another.  Your graphics card would go nuts trying to keep up with changing your viewpoint along the way (and you would probably get seasick).  Instead, you're temporarily in limbo for as long as it takes to do all those 10m jumps.

No, not only seat teleport, anything I get into.

A Photoshoot today, and sometimes gets hard to come back!

Today took me like 4 minutes, had to log out, got me really sick...

I just dont understand why some people never experienced this, when I talk about what happens to me, or ask them to Tp me "back" they say, if you are here o.O

Yeah, I doubt that it's the AO.  My bet is that it's a connection problem.  Animations are a client side effect, so the servers have to send information to your client (and everyone else's) to tell the client how to render your animated av.  Your own client doesn't seem to be getting the message right away.  Try rebooting your modem and router for a start.  Unplug both of them and step out for a cup of coffee, then plug them back in and let the modem acquire a new IP address.  Sometimes that's enough to clear a buggy connection.  You might also check to be sure that your router's drivers are up to date.  Oh, and if you're on wireless, try a direct cable connection.  All sorts of things (cell phones, garage door openers, ...) interfere with wifi signals. 

I'm really shooting in the dark here for a solution, but I'll bet that's where the problem is.

Poison Aura wrote:

And why not everyone has the same problem if its the inet connection? 

I thought it was a matter of scripts, read some shoes had that "offsim effect".

Because their Internet connection is OK.  The servers upload the animation instructions to every av in the vicinity at the same time. Your Internet connection is wonky, so your client acts up, but their connections are fine, so they see you animated properly.

It doesn't make any difference where the animation and its triggering script are  -- a pose stand, your shoes, whatever.  What counts is that the animation is triggered, and all client viewers need to know about it.

Thanks then Rolig, here in Argentina we dont have much options to chose, and either speed.

I got a 3Mb connection and thats the maximum you get here.

They are talking about some companies bringing 10Mb soon, hope that solve the issue.

I dont have any problems running Imvu, lol. :P -joking-

I don't think it's the speed of the Internet service.  I have a 3Mb cable connection myself and SL runs just fine. What I'm suggesting is that it's something right there between your computer and the ISP's main line -- your router, your modem, a cable, wifi interference ..... ? 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.