Best mesh body

Brianne Ellisson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1903 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thank you all for your comments and advice, much appreciated.  I wanted something that depicted a 'middle of the road' man, believable and not too bulky.  I went for Niramyth and then changed the physique to the slimmest possible.  Still quite muscular, but not extreme. I like the quality of their avatars and the textures. Now since you are all so kind and helpful, can you tell me about using a headset with SL? Interesting? Redundant? Wait a bit longer? Thanks again.

1 hour ago, Rohander said:

I wanted something that depicted a 'middle of the road' man, believable and not too bulky.  I went for Niramyth

Heh, I'm going to admit that both my eyebrows went up on reading the above, because "middle of the road man, not too bulky" and "Niramyth" are usually something of an oxymoron - mainly due to the majority of guys who leave all the settings at the default 100 max and walk around with tiny heads on massively-muscular bodies. However, you've clearly done a lot of work to slim the body down and de-bulk it, and I'm glad you've found something that works for you. I've seen fantastic things done with the Niramyth body, when the guys wearing it have taken a few hours to really work on the shape and bring it down to something that's far less Mr Universe and a bit more realistic.

That said, if you don't yet have a mesh head then you might have issues getting a seamless match at the neck with a Niramyth body, mainly because of the height of the Niramyth neck. Some mesh head brands feature Niramyth neck fits, while others do not, so make sure to demo a lot of different brands. Also, your skin applier choice can be fairly limited when it comes to Niramyth (most popular contenders are Birth and Nivaro), so bear that in mind if you are yet to choose a mesh head: you'll want a skin applier that will work both for your mesh head brand and the Niramyth body.

With regard to headsets, it depends what you mean:

If you mean a VR headset such as Oculus or Vive, I probably wouldn't bother. SL isn't built for it (although Linden Lab's sister 'world' Sansar is, but Sansar is a vastly different thing from Second Life). If you have a VR headset you can give it a try, I guess, but I don't know if you'd be able to do much more than walk around and look at things; I really don't know how the Second Life viewer UI works (if at all) with VR headsets, and this thread on the Tech section of the forum would suggest that VR isn't worth bothering with here. I honestly haven't bothered with them, so perhaps someone with more experience of using them will come along and advise you in more depth. (You may even be treated to a Klytyna 'vomitcam' response, which are always fun to read :D)

If you mean voice chat, then that's just a matter of personal choice. I find it far too distracting to have voice chat enabled, so if I want to talk with my partner I head into Discord with him instead, where we can talk in a private channel without listening to people eating, babies yelling in the background, etc. Sure, I could also chat in a 'voice IM' within Second Life, but we just prefer Discord.

Edited by Skell Dagger

• 5 months later...

as the people in this post say over and over try the demo's first and use the shape that you will most often wear with each demo, i myself use a large chest shape with several mesh bodies including slink original,hourglass,Maitreya and ebody i have several because of the clothes i have and because in sl i can look however i want,my slink high boots can only be worn with slink original, Maitreya only make mesh clothes not applier clothes and more times than not when ive bought mesh clothes even so-called fitmesh which often doesn't unless you shrink your body to a certain shape so i always try demos first before i buy mesh clothes ,applier clothes will always apply and fit but be sure you have the omega system hud for applying the clothes here are the 4 types of mesh body i use all taken with same skin and shape just different body

Edited by Dakota Linden
Moderator Edit: Images w/nudity removed

24 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

I’m not sure what posting 4  oddly angled shots of different bodies with the boobs cranked up to 100 was supposed to prove anyway. Sooooo yeah, you didn’t miss much.

That's what we call a contradiction. Nods sagely.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1903 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.