Linden transactions problems

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4319 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you FJ for sharing the information with us. Is there an ETA as to when an official blog post will be issued?

It's a bit annoying that I can't buy L$ from within the viewer at the moment, and even on my account website using LindeX, PayPal doesn't seem to be available for checkout, which contradicts with the Wiki stating: "All Residents will continue to be able to cash out using PayPal."

Just to be clear, my PayPal details haven't changed in ages. In theory I wouldn't have a problem using credit cards, but with all the fraud going on everywhere, I'd like to share the details with as few entities as possible. That is the only reason why I use PayPal wherever I can. If you guys can't fix that sooner rather than later, then I'll have to go for third party L$ dealers, who accept PayPal, I'm afraid.

The email I just got is funny: "An attempt to purchase Linden Dollars for your account via the LindeX page on secondlife.com has failed." -- It hasn't failed at all. I've cancelled it for the reasons stated above.

Fix your payment system please, and in the meantime a blog post with up to date details would be appreciated. Thank you!

Arkady Arkright wrote:

All the years I've used Firefox, and I never knew that was there - thanks :-)

Arkady,

It's not Firefox ... that's a feature of Media Wiki, the software that Linden Lab (and many others) use to provide most of their online documentation. It's also the same software at the base of wikipedia.com and their suite of ___pedia websites. It's good stuff. Much better than any of the other competitors IMO.

Darrius Gothly wrote:

Arkady Arkright wrote:

All the years I've used Firefox, and I never knew that was there - thanks :-)

Arkady,

It's not Firefox ... that's a feature of Media Wiki, the software that Linden Lab (and many others) use to provide most of their online documentation. It's also the same software at the base of wikipedia.com and their suite of ___pedia websites. It's good stuff. Much better than any of the other competitors IMO.

Right, thanks for the info.

I can't buy either, says transaction cancelled when I did no such thing, UK based.  Support were uninspiring on live chat and telephone, to say the least.  Was promised an email I never got, an email acknowledgement that again I never got and told I will receive an update in 72 hrs, not holding my breath.

Here's my solution of this problem : Buying L$ with Credit Cards.
 *Visa and Master. Also Diners should be available as Master.
 *This way works only for residents who have been paying (account tier, land use fee and so on) to LL long enough.
 *Because Lindex have the "Trading Limits": check your trading limits here.

[ Step 1 : Increase USD balance on your account
(buy USD) ]
1. Log into Website
2. Linden Xchange : Manage > Increase Credit > type Money to Add (min. USD25.00)
3. Make sure you have an available payment method (card info) on "Current payment method".
    - or you can add a new payment method here from the link "change" > it turns to "Choose Payment Method".
4. Confirm!
5. Fill all the blanks In the Cashier Window, and choose USD on Processing currency.
6. Submit and done. Now you have USD balance on your account.

[ Step 2 : Buy L$ (Change USD into L$) ]
7. Go back to account home (Dashboard).
8. Linden Xchange : Buy L$ > Buy L$ (Market Buy)
9. Fill one of those blanks : "Quantity of L$", or "Approximate Cost in US$".
10. Make sure you have enough of USD on your account to pay the "Approximate Total Cost".
11. Buy Now!
12. Confirm your username and password.
13. On the Confirmation window, you'll see your "current payment method". But there's no need to check its
      availability since you are buying L$ with USD credit on your account.
       -"Your payment method will be charged the actual cost to fulfill the order AFTER APPLYING ANY
         CREDITS FROM YOUR US$ ACCOUNT BALANCE.
"
14. Place Buy Order and you'll get L$.

The new payment system has to work for making this process easier.

This method worked Uriah.

I was told it shortly by Billing Support shortly before seeing your post.

In Dashboard under 'Manage' choose to increase your credit.  This invites you to enter your credit card details and gives the option to save the paymnent method. 

You then have a payment method you can use.

It took a number of phone calls and emails to elicit this but Billing Support did finally manage it.

It should not be this hard to pay!

• 2 weeks later...

Blog is up!

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Featured-News/On-the-Road-to-Local-Payments/ba-p/845611

On the Road to Local Payments

by LindenFJ Linden on 04-29-2011 11:39 AM 

We recently began beta testing a new system that enables our international customers to use local currencies and other local payment methods when purchasing Linden dollars and conducting other financial transactions with Linden Lab. We want to make it easier, and less expensive, for our international customers to shop and do business in Second Life. After all, wouldn’t it be nice to use your own currency, or PayPal, to purchase Linden dollars and also save money on fees? We think so too.

Based on our beta testing to date, we’ve learned a lot and discovered a few issues that we want to change and improve. So, I wanted to share our progress and what to expect as we roll this capability out to all international users later this year.

• Recent Billing Issues Will Not Affect Your Account Status: For those that have run into billing glitches, let me put your mind at ease. Some international customers have tried to pay us (to keep their account current) and they were unable to complete the transaction. If you’ve encountered this problem, then please accept our apologies. Rest assured that everyone who was not able to provide payments, due to this system issue, have already had their accounts manually restored as we work to implement a fix. The affected accounts are still in good standing and these customers will not lose their status or land as a consequence.
  • Local Payments Will be Available in all Supported Viewers: Another concern that has been raised by the community is whether users can purchase Linden dollars using local currencies in Viewer 1.23. The answer is yes, although some people using Viewer 1.23 may have run into issues purchasing Linden dollars a few weeks ago. The issue has since been fixed. Now, customers who are in this beta can purchase Linden dollars using all supported Viewers.
  • We Need to Make the Local Payments System Easier to Use: On the usability side, we have beta tested local payments with new and current international customers and we’ve found we need some additional usability work to ensure that purchasing Linden dollars (and other transactions) is an easier, intuitive experience. While we are doing that, we will not add any new or current Residents to the beta system instead they will stay on the standard payments system.  But if you have already been using the local payments beta version, then you will continue to do so while we continue getting ready for a wider roll out.

In late July, we’ll be ready to provide all of our international customers with comprehensive local payment options in a system that works seamlessly and is easy to use. I’ll be updating you again as we get closer to releasing the system. Thanks for you patience as we work out the kinks.

And, if you have additional questions about the system, then there’s a comprehensive Local Payments article with a Help and Frequently Asked Questions (including how to contact Support) in English, Français, Deutsch, Español, Italiano, Português, and 日本語.

• 4 weeks later...

well at the moment i cannot get my money out of linden labs since paypal is down.

which muppet in linden labs thought that was a good idea i wonder.

SO we simply want to know when we can get our money back that you are keeping from us.

A frustrated european user with no paypal access at all.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have not been able to buy lindens for a few weeks now, even though I been selling and buying them through paypal for years. Now I keep getting a statement inside SL that says Paypal cannot complete my transaction. When I look at my billing info on the sl website it says I need a verified paypal account, which I have also had for years. I have gone through and made sure all contact info matches, any other ideas of how to fix this? Thanks

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4319 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.