teleporting in to specific spots

Talligurl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Help! I recently was given permission to put an art gallery on a sim a friend owns, All we great I got the gallery put together stood in the middle and set a landmark, and then started sharing the landmark with anyone who wouls listen to me talk about my gallery.  The problem is that when peopl euse that landmark it puts them, not in my gallery where i was when i set the landmark, but in the center of the sim, neaar other peoples homes, and they are pissed at me about it. Is there somethin gthat can be changed by someone to fix this, so that I can have my customers pop up in my gallery not someones back yard? I don't want to get kicked off the sim, and I don't want a gallery that no one can visit either. I hope someone knows how to fix this. Thanks

You will need to talk to the sim owner. They have a set landing point. That is how it works when you have one of those. They can change it so that anyone can teleport to anywhere but they may not want to.

The people coming in MIGHT be able to get to your gallery by using the landmark AGAIN once they are at the sim. That works sometimes.  Really nothing you can do about it on your own.

That's because the sim is set to route everybody to a set landing point or telehub.

Two possible solutions, either change the sim/parcel settings to allow people to teleport anywhere or, if it's a landing poitn rather than a telehub, partition off your gallery as a separate parcel. (The main difference between telehubs and landing points is that the former are for an entire sim, the latter for a parcel.)

Ok thanks now i have an idea what to say to him, he is upset with me that my people are landing in another part of the sim then my place, which i don't really like either, but i had no idea how to even start talking to him about it.

Ok so he moved the landing site to right in front of the gallery which is great and i sussested that is he still has issues with people wandering fro the gallery to his hoouse to set ban lines to keep them out, all seems to be good now

You (or your friend) could also set up some sort of visual indication that part of the area is private and part is public. A line of trees or a fence would help distinguish the areas.

Can't really blame visitors for not understanding what isn't communicated in some way. Just like it's not fair to blame them for walking through private gardens when a forced LP forces them to land a distance away from where they want to go. Even tricks like double click TP will just take them back to the LP.

Glad you're getting this sorted. :matte-motes-smile:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.