Problem getting my mesh avatar to appear

melaniehaughton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A few days ago my main computer crashed and has had to be reformatted.  I have now returned it to it's original state.  I have managed to reinstall the Second Life viewer and also the Firestorm viewer.  

Both viewers seem to work normally except for one major problem.  Whilst my scenery and other objects materialize normally, my mesh avatar and other mesh items remain invisible.  I manage to get them to appear, but only by unchecking the Basic Shaders.  However, my mesh body and mesh clothing now have ugly shadowing and the detail of the textures are not ideal.

I do not believe that my issue is due to the reformatting of my desktop as the same issue is occurring on my laptop - and that has not been altered in any way

Any help would be much appreciated.

Melaniehuaghton, did you solve this issue? i also have the same problem since ive upgraded to 5.0 this week. I was fine in the 4.7 version. Ive talked to Maitreya and FS support and noone seems to have any answers for me either? I will try to clean my files as suggested here but let me know if youve had any luck please.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.