Bake Failure..Well kind of!

Bex Fallen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello! Ok this seems to me like a strange problem, so im turning to you guys for the sake of my sanity! For the past week my avatar has been stark naked. Now this is not through choice. To me i look absolutely normal, my outfits are appearing on my screen as they always have done, as are items of clothing that ive not saved in files as outfits. However to everybody else im completely naked.

Ive tried all the things that have been suggested. Rebaking, editing appearance, relogging after clearing my cache, character tests (at least 50 times), changing tag, changing one thing such as eyes or hair, unistalling sl completely then reinstalling, attempting use of different viewer, even allowing a trusted friend access to my  account in an attempt to let her fix it....which she did until i attempted to change outfit then we went straight back to square one, ( for your reference she did a character test and then simply dressed my avatar) 

Now the weird bit....the outfit that is named *female rocker outfit* shows up fine! As do my hairbase and my tattoos,everybody can see those textures on my avatar as i can, but no other clothing item shows up, even when i character test, my own skin remains to everybody else although not to me (this now seems to have stopped for some and they see the noob skin, others say they see my regular skin). I may have misunderstood the definition of bake failure but im assuming that if the *female rocker outfit* is baking fine, then bake failure isnt the problem?

This problem seems to have arrived out of the blue and for no reason that it obvious to me. There have been no software or hardware changes to my computer. For your reference im using phoenix viewer, but tried the following viewers over the past week with the same issue still there. Emergence, Viewer 2 and  Snowglobe.

Apologies for the longwinded and tedious question, but i feel you need all the info if you are to help me.

BEX  :)

2 answers to this question

Hi Bex,

On Phoenix (cos I know that one lol) TP to Smith.

Go to your preferences > network tab & change the location for you disk cache to somewhere else on your computer HD, it can be anywhere, you can even make a place for it in your documents if you want.. Click clear cache and relog back to Smith.

Once you get back, stay there under the water open your inventory & wait until it is fully loaded. Don`t mess with any folders until it is done but you can type in the inventory search bar to promy reloading.

Once that is all done, go to Library > Clothing > initial outfits & drag the folder for female average outfit onto your avatar.

When it has finished rezzing, go to "Current Outfit" folder, everything in there should start with the name "Female Average" except for socks, eyes and your Phoenix Client Bridge and they should all be highlighted. If there are any other items in there unhighlighted, delete them (they are only links, not actual items so don`t worry about deleteing them).

Hopefully you are now ok and can redress as yourself.

First of all ty for your reponse peewee! much appreciated! :D ok i tried exactly what u said and it worked like a dream....until i tried to change outfit again and then same old story. people could see me in the outfit i intially dressed in at the Smith sim u said to visit, and not the outfit i changed into after leaving Smith. :(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.