Check out the Place Pages Beta!

Linden Lab

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I just tested mine --- or had a friend test the Places Page link.   MINE takes me to the middle of the sim (128 128) rather than the set landing point. Since I know that has been a map issue for-e-ver I  placed a welcome area at that point when I designed the sim.  

I SUSPECT that if you have the ROUTING set to the Landing Point ONLY -- that might fix it.  It is likely important to know that it is not ONLY the places pages where folks might end up in your wall :D.   If you already tried the dedicated landing point, then there is likely no fix other than redesign. Again, not a new issue.  

I do have the routing set for landing point only. That seems to work fine for inworld links, links from the Events Calendar and so on. But no matter what I do, this one puts people in the geographic center of the parcel. Because of the nature of the build, it was awkward to create a landing spot to accommodate the link, but I tried. But different people seem to land at slightly different spots, so that didn't help. Even worse, the altitude on the link is set at 0 which occasionally propels folks way up into the sky when they try to teleport in. I had not experienced this issue before now. 

https://places.secondlife.com/parcels/113114/silk-road-den

It's a shame, really, because it makes this feature unusable for us. I would have liked to create pages for all our venues. It was a really good idea... but this glitch is a deal-breaker.

Daimon Silverdragon
(somagroup.resident)
Property Manager, Qoheleth & Seeking Wisdom

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SomaGroup said:

I do have the routing set for landing point only. That seems to work fine for inworld links, links from the Events Calendar and so on. But no matter what I do, this one puts people in the geographic center of the parcel. Because of the nature of the build, it was awkward to create a landing spot to accommodate the link, but I tried. But different people seem to land at slightly different spots, so that didn't help. Even worse, the altitude on the link is set at 0 which occasionally propels folks way up into the sky when they try to teleport in. I had not experienced this issue before now. 

https://places.secondlife.com/parcels/113114/silk-road-den

It's a shame, really, because it makes this feature unusable for us. I would have liked to create pages for all our venues. It was a really good idea... but this glitch is a deal-breaker.

Daimon Silverdragon
(somagroup.resident)
Property Manager, Qoheleth & Seeking Wisdom

I tested and added to my original note above but yes, for me too.  

If this WASN'T the case before then a JIRA might be good.  It's been over a year since I moved and I can't remember where the Places landing point was then.    

5 minutes ago, Jo Yardley said:

This has been going on since the beginning, I think we brought up that the landing point should be something we can change or alter in the place pages thing but nothing was done with it apparently.

Maybe it's just me, maybe I just haven't been paying attention lately, but it feels a bit like the places pages project has been neglected a bit.

Good to know it has been an issue from the beginning. I couldn't remember. I am kind of more used to it than most as it was a BIG issue in Opensim with folks coming in from the hypergrid. No way around it there either.    When I redo my shop sometime I will keep this in mind.  

Thanks. 

I think the Places Pages could be very useful and "I" would use them if more folks actually kept theirs up with info :D.   Agree that they could have a big more polish.  

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1789 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.