Check out the Place Pages Beta!

Linden Lab

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1795 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It currently does not seem possible to view mature places, or anything other than general. The link it provides for changing it is a dead end since what it says to do has already be set on every account I've tested.

The content you are trying to view is rated mature but you are able to only view General. You may be able to see this content if you adjust your settings.

Hi, I'm a landowner but use my land for my home and rented another parcel for my shop. Unfortunately that leaves me (as landowner) out, to make use of my pages. I wonder if this can be looked at to set your own TP location. 

I just read you could make a Jira: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-41652

Edited by Laoin Xaris
  • Like 1

Great start! I was actually inspired to start updating my places and they're taking shape quite nicely.

I'm currently quite satisfied with the limits on photos, descriptions etc. so my personal priorities are more along the lines of search functionality and integration (as described by Marianne).

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 2:49 AM, Marianne McCann said:

The Big Question: (you thought I was gonna say ugly, huh?)

We currently have the following:

world.secondlife.com search (which serves the "more info" in the web-based search)

http://search.secondlife.com/

http://secondlife.com/destinations

http://maps.secondlife.com/

and now https://places.secondlife.com/

How can these (and maybe even land.secondlife.com, my.secondlife.com, or events.secondlife.com) work together to make for a better experience. How many of the above can be integrated into a single killer directory?

My other priority is described in the jira Integration of Second Life Map .  I couldn't seem to leave a comment there so I'll explain further.

While Marianne is looking for context with regard to the mainland, I'm looking for the means to relate/group private regions as I belong to a continent comprised of three estates (three different owners) with a current total of eight regions.  Integration of the Second Life Map would be very effective in this situation as would the ability to tag the regions for search.

I'll be very interested to see how this all fits together.  Thanks!

• Like 2

"Background image content type is invalid"

"Background image is invalid"

Knowledge Base and actual site give different sizes for uploaded pictures. Nowhere does it say anything about the format. I tried both BMP and JPG and always get that error message.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Lindens
On 4/7/2017 at 2:52 PM, Jo Yardley said:

Any news on when we can expect an update to fix some of the issues?

I can't give time frames for specific issues but I can tell you that our plans are to release a set of fixes and possibly even feature improvements every couple to few weeks. :D We've gotten a lot of great feedback from everyone so keep them coming!

• Like 2

I'm loving the whole Place Pages experience and I got a lot of inspiration from the places posted in Check out the Place Pages Beta!   As those places are a bit buried amongst the suggestions etc. I thought a dedicated discussion was in order.

Looking forward to seeing what you've done so far!

Edited by TatianaDokuchic Varriale
typos
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

REGION: Provence Coeur Est2

PAGE: https://places.secondlife.com/regions/64825/provence-coeur-est2

PCE2%20Place%20Page%2001.png

REGION: Provence Coeur Sud2

PAGE: https://places.secondlife.com/regions/64824/provence-coeur-sud2

PCS2%20Place%20Page%2001.png

Fun fact ~ over in the left hand corner is Rocca Sorrentina.  It may look familiar because an image of it is used as the banner for the Place Pages :)

• Like 1

Whew - finally finished the first swipe at all my places.

It was an interesting exercise in organization and I really appreciated seeing all my regions & parcels in one spot.  It gave me a chance to better arrange what I had as I found parcels I had totally forgotten and realized that I could better leverage my land with some additions & deletions.  I also added a few new parcels to search and I have to say that my traffic has improved (though this could be just a coincidence).

I'm really looking forward to seeing this idea evolve!

In the meantime, I've added a discussion Show Off Your Place Pages thinking it would be a good idea to group them all together.  Right now it's pretty lonely over there so please come on down.  I'd love to see what others have done! :)

32 minutes ago, Amelie Sawson said:

yes... actually ALL places pages seem to be deleted AND the links are changed as well.

LL support could not help yet :S

meh.

The "Created At" date for every place has been set to today (05/10/17) so they wiped all the old content.  I'd create a Jira but keep hoping they'll just restore it on their own.

Yes a nice clear list of events on a parcel place page AND region place page (that shows all events in all parcels in that region) is a must.

Having just one page that shows you what event happens where in your region when is a dream.

One extra request, allow us to put repeating events in that calendar, we have events in our sim that happen every single day and putting that on the calendar manually would be hellish.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jo Yardley said:

Yes a nice clear list of events on a parcel place page AND region place page (that shows all events in all parcels in that region) is a must.

Having just one page that shows you what event happens where in your region when is a dream.

One extra request, allow us to put repeating events in that calendar, we have events in our sim that happen every single day and putting that on the calendar manually would be hellish.

I like it, I will add it to the issue.

4 hours ago, TatianaDokuchic Varriale said:

Okey dokey - ALL the content of my place pages has disappeared.  Hoping this is temporary and that a restore will soon be forthcoming. :(

It would be cool if you could edit all the links in your old posts and fix the links to the new place pages you will create! But maybe that is a "forum feedback" question.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1795 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.