Help!!!

RAINFlower2016

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2633 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

Charge whatever you like, taking into account your location and the traffic on the rest of the region.  I know that you would like to make a profit, subtracting your monthly fees from whatever you earn from rentals, but that's not always possible in SL.  It may be more practical to look at how to minimize your loss or, more optimistically, how much you are willing to pay out of pocket each month for your "fun" time in world.  Looking at the question that way can save you some stress when it's time to pay the monthly bill.   ;)

If you want to get a ballpark estimate of what you might charge, start looking at similar property around SL. Without commiting to rent anything, click on rent boxes to see what those landlords are charging.  You might also look in the Land forums here and then visit several of those parcels to see how they compare to yours.

Oh, and how many prims (L.I.) to allow per sq m?  Unless you have land on the region that you are willing to have lie fallow, don't mess with assigning a bonus to your parcels.  By default, everyone will get the same L.I. per sq m.

The prim limit per suqare meter may vary depending on what kind of sim it but for a regular mainland sim, it's aproximately 0.34 - that is 175 per 512 square meter. If you own several parcels in the same sim, you are free to reallocate prims between the parcels any way you wish. I do that myself - my tenants simply get as many prims as they want and are willing to pay for, regardless of the size of the parcel they rent.

Rental price can vary a lot depending on the quality of the land and ... other factors. ;) I suggest you try to keep it somewhere between 1 and 2 L$/week per prim and if you're renting out developed properties, remember to include the prims used for the fixed installations in the price.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2633 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.