Can a roleplay sim limit the amount of characters you can have per account?

ObsidianPrince

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

The owners of regions -- roleplay or otherwise -- can make pretty much whatever rules they like about who may access their region, just as people who run roleplay games can make whatever rules they like about how many characters you may have on one account.

You can find what the ToS do have to say about alt accounts by consulting the wiki -- essentially that you can have a limited number free of change, but LL may charge a US$9.95 creation fee for each account if you create too many (I think that's aimed primarily at people who create armies of alts to use as scripted agents -- "bots" --  rather than at regular residents)..

• Like 2

I don't see anything in the TOS that would prevent a region's owner from making that rule, and I can see how it could help reduce confusion among RP members. The only relevant restriction is that it is against the TOS to reveal the RL identity of another SL resident, including revealing the fact that two accounts are in fact alts of the same person.  If I tell you that two of my alts are related, that's fine.  If you discover it on your own and tell a third person, that's not OK.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.