Vanishing discussions

ChinRey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2622 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Pamela Galli wrote:

ChinRey wrote:

Pamela Galli wrote:

Look at how much activity there is in the SL Discussion forum there, or how many say they rarely or never log in.

Another reason for us to move on over and shake it up then.
^_^

Oh well, we got a good non-answer from a Linden and I suspect that's all we can expect from there. Can't blame her for it either really. She's got a job that both requires and forbids her to answer and that's never easy.

I have occasionally quoted great people in my posts here, I think it's time for one from Oz Linden (I found it in Prok's profile):

"Sorry.... 'why' is not one of the questions we're usually allowed to answer"

---------------------------------

Actually it doesn't matter that much whether there are other place(s) where SL is discussed,
this
is the one and only official SL forum. And it is worth any TLC LL is willing to throw its way. It just doesn't make sense that the forum is in the hands of those who don't display much interest in it.

I agree with you Pam.  Not only should this forum remain,
but moderation should take place that allows the free exchange of ideas
, without trolls and spam, with minimum rules to keep the discussion civil, even if the discussion in general or individual views conflict with those of LL.

Rose colored glasses "off". The host of the party can shut you down if you choose to pee in the pool.

A lot of people have no clue about the other forum either and it's certainly against the rules here to post a link to it.  So there wouldn't be many newer people that inject fresh blood into discussions or pose new topics, which is vital to vibrant discussions IMO. 
The more views that are heard about SL the better
it is for not only business owners but people who care about SL, and even LL too, although apparently they don't care. 

Not everyone with an opinion is valid.  Opinions are not expertise, good advice, or often very helpful

In addition a lot of people read these forums but never post here.

I am sure a lot of them come here not only to get answers to their problems,
technical or not, but to keep abreast of issues in general the effect SL, other than those in the official blogs. 

You are one of the many that always jump to the aid of someone in need of an answer. I am in awe of your patience and grace.

Lastly that other forum can eat up people for lunch if there is disagreement
.  Hardly conducive to get other's who may be a bit shy or thin skinned to join in a discussion. 

Everyone who hosts a pool party has their own rules...Swim at your own risk and use the bathroom before swimming
:)

As a side note, I agree about all the posts for Land or Employment should be moved to a side forum, like Forum Feedback, where those interested can go but the rest of us don't have to put up with the spam. The Land general discussion can remain but should be that, not a place to post rentals and questions that should be posted in Answers.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2622 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.