JIRA search on wiki

Cerise1488303085

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4760 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, there was a note in the 2011-04-04 scrpting UG transcript that "Search JIRA for related issues" was not working. The trouble seems to be that JIRA searches on component only work when we are logged in. For now I took out the components part of the query, this will make the results list less exact but it will run.

Adding - The components should not have been included at all, they were making the searches miss valid issues because not all issues are flagged with them.

The search strings are in Template:JiraSearch/LSL Issues and Template:JiraSearch/LSL Bugs.

thanks Cerise, what I was finding was that one particular component just wasn't recognized anymore.... but most of those templates give me headaches parsing them because they lask a certain amount of visual definition (counting strings of {{{{{{ is a bit hard of these eyes)

I looked at this some more. There are valid open issues that have no component selected, and the old query does not return any of those. This is not related to the protected component ID 10930, it is from narrowing by component at all. So, components should not be in the search string if it is to be userful.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4760 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.