Sign in to follow this  
RileyAdare

Looking To Join a Gor RP, but...

Hey Everyone!

So, I'm looking to join a Gor themed RP sim, but I'm not sure where to start. I know there are TONS of them out there, and it seems like they each have a lot of rules. I've honestly never read the books, so it's a little overwhelming.

That being said, I'm looking for someone to RP with who's willing to take me under their wing and show me the ropes. I think I'm a pretty quick learner, and I do have lots of free time.

Feel free to contact me in world if this is something you're interested in, but brace yourself, I'll probably have a lot of questions. My messages often cap so please drop a note card. Thanks!

So, Gor.  

The thing about it is that you have to decide how you want to start. There are several ways to get to Gor, and you can choose any of them. Were you born here? Were you acquired? 

What kind of role are you looking to play? Slave? Free Man or Woman? Panther? Outlaw? Mercenary? Some roles on some sims are gender locked. You can't be a male panther, for instance, and in by the book sims, you cannot be a female outlaw (other than a panther!)

Which ever role you choose, I suggest checking out some of the forums, and perhaps the gorean cave for information on how to help you develop your character specifically. 

You can learn a lot starting out as a slave, I will say, as some of the other roles have quite a lot of nuance to them. Panthers hate men, but also need them. (I know, it is confusing, it gets easier, and the Rp is spectacular, but I do urge you to research your role so that you at least know what you are getting yourself into.)