Facial proportions off... cookie-cutter?

anvyre

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,

I just bought my very first mesh head, a bento. Not looking like my system self is taking some getting used to! Anyway, something feels really off after I've played with it, and I think it's proportions or spacing or something. The face just isn't very pretty and worse, it feels like it looks like every other mesh head on the market.

Pretty please with your fresh eyes would you point me into adjustments I can make for better overall composition and maybe to bring some uniqueness in?

Thanks!

You can google Facial Proportions and get a ton of artistic advice.  This i one very short version.

What I see right off the bat, the ears are too low and a little on the small side.  The eye balls are not centered in the socket; I think the sockets are a little too wide.  I think the mouth is just a touch to low and while I am not fond of tiny noses I think it is positioned OK.

Once you learn the rules of proportion, you can start breaking rules correctly.  Here is a good exape of wide set eyes.  I also love her nose.

As I see it, and this is my opinon only, big eyes and a small nose is s typical female SL face.

The third is full lips, but I see that you narrowed them. Smaller eyes, maybe narrow or slanted. But if you really will stand out, a **bleep** and wider nose with just a few points up on the "bulbous" part.

Oh, and try on more realistic skins.  The Skinnery. Insol, Bold & Beauty, All there have beautiful skins, but also some have wider nose, a bit realism around the eyes, different lips...

Edit: Why was a size adjective bleeped out?  It was not a bad word. Oh well.

I am working on a Bento mesh head from LeLutka, but I am so worried to buy it. I can't do as I have done before, and buy so many mesh heads. Last time I bought a LeLutka head, they released a head I liked better, and another, and, so Catwa released a head and I bought it, and then Catwa released a head I liked better... you see how it was.

But anyway, I try to get the nose larger than the narrow one, without being a parody. And this skin is from The Skinnery. The default skins on both Catwa and LeLutka is very cookie cutter.

The head shape is not symmetric either. It is these sliders, shear is one? Then tilt nose, and what they are called... I experiment with them here. But the one eyebrow here is an animtion, a sceptical look.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.