Sign in to follow this  
Qie Niangao

Marketplace Search: How to specify keywords *within* a sub-sub-category?

Question

How can I navigate to a specific category several levels deep (say "Avatar Components" / "Avatar Skin and Shape Combinations" / "Male Avatar Bases") then specify Keyword text that applies only within that sub-sub-category?

(It's clear how to specify a top-level category from the "Search in" pulldown menu, but that's useless, returning tens of thousands of irrelevant hits, so there must be a way to do this more specific search, right?)

2 answers to this question

You can specify level 1 categories in search of course but to get deeper down in the hiearchy you have to first do a keyword search, then narrow it down by category. Just another example of the splendid user friendliness of MP ;)

• Like 3

Oh, yeah, thanks ChinRey, that does kinda get to the intended result, if I open another browser window with the text search, then follow the category breadcrumb trail from the original search.

Yipes. It's a UI from hell, but indeed this will work.

(Took me a few tries to stay authenticated long enough that Lithium let me post the question, so I'm especially aware today that dreadful UIs abound in the Linden universe.)