Boost value

rainbow Fairymeadow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am wondering if anyone knows anything about boost value in sarch, meaning the store and things in the store showing in search. I have this little hud that says my boost value is -1. I have no clue how to fix this or what is means other than the little bit they tell you in knowledge base which is

In addition to traffic, size, and many more ranking mechanisms, we also apply a small negative boost related to how spammy a listing seems to be. We determine this using software that evaluates content and gives it a rating. This spam ranking is viewable on the source code of your world page listing, and there are several inworld merchants with free objects that tell you if your parcel has been flagged for spam. Adjusting the title and description text associated with your parcel affects your spam rating, and that new rating is picked up in the next update.

Can someone please help me understand this.

I used to play with it few years back and managed to get on the first place for my main keywords, what I can tell you is that a good ranking in search will bring you more visitors but mostly visitors who are there to just look around, and not to spend money. So instead of focusing on ranking I can advise you to focus on marketing, find your customer base and advertise only to them.

And what I remember about the search and rankings... bleh lol not much

• parcel size is really important so make sure you get as biggest as you can, even if it means you'll end up with extra prims to rent out (really small parcels used to get negative lets call them points)
  • name of the parcel is also important and make sure to incorporate your main keywords into the parcel name
  • if you show your objects in search, don't have too many of them with the same name and uncheck everything thats unrelevant (if you sell shoes you won't need to show the shop decorations in seach)
  • parcel description needs to be normal, readable by humans - avoid naming tons of things that COULD be relevant, rather write 2 or 3 usual, everyday sentences

If you try to follow few of these simple steps I believe your negative boost should be gone. But I'll have to warn you my knowledge wasn't updated few years and I have no idea do these things still matter :P 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.