how do I transfer a cat to one of my friends

dazza66

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

I have never tried to fry a cat, personally, but it should be easy --- if the cat is transferable. Select the cat with your editor and look on the General page.  It should tell you, in the check boxes at the bottom, whether you have permission to transfer the cat.  If so, open communication with your friend as if you were about to send an IM.  Instead of typing an IM, simply drag the cat from your inventory and drop it in the text box.  You'll get a warning message, asking whether that's really what you want to do, so say YES and the cat will be gone.

Of course, if you don't have transfer permission, this won't work. In that case, all you can do is send your friend some L$ so he can buy himself a cat.

• Like 2

NON TRANSFERABLE CAT:

1. Put cat in box.
  2. Place box in larger steel box with ventilation holes.  If you have previously fried your cat, the holes may be omitted.
  3. Take box to friend's house.
  4. Leave box on porch. 
  5. Ring bell, and drive away rapidly.
  6. Return home, discover cat in kitchen.
  7. Repeat.

TRANSFERABLE CAT:

1. Ask friend over for tea.
  2. Cat jumps in friend's lap.
  3. Friend pets cat.
  4. Friend feeds cat bits of his scone.
  5. After friend leaves, notice cat is nowhere to be found.
  6. Get phone call from friend, "Your cat followed me home."
  7. Tell friend he can keep cat.

NOTE:  This cat is now non-transferable.  First procedure will apply if friend tries to return cat.

• Like 3

I've never heard of transferring something that was already rezzed. If an item is NOT rezzed, and has transfer permissions, you can simply locate it in your inventory, open your friend's profile, and drag the cat from your inventory to your friend's profile. You should then receive a pop-up message asking if you really want to do that. Say yes, and your friend will get the cat in his or her inventory! (If the cat is not also COPYABLE, which I doubt it is, it will then be GONE from your inventory.)

If the cat is NO transfer, you can't give it to anyone. Depending on the cat, however, you may be able to allow your friend to play with/pet it, or whatever other options are available, by clicking the cat and accessing some form of permissions list. Depends on the cat.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.