second life support, is it real?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

okay so my account got hacked and i lost all my lindens :D so i tried to contact LL and the only thing i could actually do is to file a support ticket, i heard from lots of people that filed tickets before that their tickets where answered a week later, answered with an unprofessional irrelevant replies or not answered at all. well i filed a ticket anyway, than i tried looking for other ways to contact them but they dont provide you with any email or any other kind of means to reach them besides the land line phone number. now it would be all fine and dandy but i live on the other side of the world, i dont have a slightest idea on how to make such a long distance call and i bet i would waste more money on that phone call than i actually lost xD

than i remembered that premium users got live chat thing, i went to try and subscribe to premium but they have no option to pay using paypal, only some click and buy thing i never heard of before. but than when i was about to close the window, i noticed a live support thing next to the payment form regarding billing problems :O so i tried that, it connected me to some person and i tld him my situation, the person gave me an actual LL (super secret) support email, i wrote to that mail but had no answer, my ticket wasnt answered either. finally out of desperation i tried to call them, i tried to enter all kinds of crazy combination of area codes and other stuff i found on google. i phoned my phone company and asked them how to do it but they didnt even know themselves and every time i called them, they gave me a different answer and on top of that i kept reaching the fire department xD. it looks like its impossible to contact the outside world from this this retarded contry and the phone company didnt even have such a thing as an operator that could connect me to where ever i was trying to call.

finally, on some forum some guy suggested some other guy to use skype to call land lines, so i tried that too and OMG it worked! i finally managed to call LL.

i spent like 10 minutes trying to spell my SL username in my broken english accent and the person said that they actually seen my ticket and they forwarded it to some other department or something and that they should contact me shortly. its been like a day already and i still didnt receive any news from them or even any kind of sign that they are looking into it.

i was wondering if the LL costumer support is even able to handle such situations and what are the chances to get my money back, cuz like, i have to pay my sim rent and stuff and theres no way i can make 21k in just 3 days D:

also heres some community feed back from me regarding security

i think every new account should either have some kind of one month period where it has a limit of maximum amount of L$ it can spend and receive or only age verified users can cash out their lindens or something like that, or a limit on how much L$ you can transfer to other accounts from an unverified account per week

whatever it would be, the point is that 1 day old accounts shouldnt have such freedom to transfer that many lindens in one go, since all my money where transfered to some account that was created like a day ago.

Utilizator Mode wrote:

i spent like 10 minutes trying to spell my SL username in my broken english accent and the person said that they actually seen my ticket and they forwarded it to some other department or something and that they should contact me shortly.
its been like a day already
and i still didnt receive any news from them or even any kind of sign that they are looking into it.

ok, seriously...give it about a week... LL uses the "shortly" like a corporation.... two weeks is fast to them =)

i think every new account should either have some kind of one month period where it has a limit of maximum amount of L$ it can spend and receive or only age verified users can cash out their lindens or something like that, or a limit on how much L$ you can transfer to other accounts from an unverified account per week

whatever it would be, the point is that 1 day old accounts shouldnt have such freedom to transfer that many lindens in one go, since all my money where transfered to some account that was created like a day ago.

there ARE limits, but they apply to RL cash charges and withdrawals.... you'd hear never ending screaming from some people if they couldn't instantly fund and/or syphon L$ from their new alts via their regular accounts.... unfortunately it's a hole in the system, sorry you got burned, and here's hoping that you get things resolved quickly.

PS
the ticket you filed, that was a report of your account being compromised I hope?

Hello,

Second Life support is usually flooded with requests for support. The last time I called in, they had a back log of about 2 months of support tickets they had to file through.
They work hard to get your requests filed as quickly as possible. Until then, I would recommened going to secondlife.com, logging in, and then on your dashboard, go to account>transaction history and figure out where all of your Linden dollars went and then file an abuse report against the destination of your Lindens.

Good luck,

~Kolby

When I filed an urgent ticket, had several chats with live chat support and files AR's... I took LL over 6 months before they even replied...

BUT recently I had another live chat and although I first talked to two pretty useless people I finally got one who could actually help me out.

I am still very annoyed about LL suddenly stop giving live support for 24 hours.
Even if they are often not very helpfull, it is at least nice to get some contact with anyone when you're in trouble.

Utilizator Mode wrote:

• i heard from lots of people that (...)
  • well i filed a ticket anyway, than i tried looking for other ways to contact them
  • i dont have a slightest idea on how to make such a long distance call
  • i remembered that premium users got live chat thing, i went to try and subscribe to premium
  • i noticed a live support thing next to the payment form regarding billing problems
    :o
    so i tried that too
  • the person gave me an actual LL (super secret) support email
  • i tried to enter all kinds of crazy combination of area codes and other stuff i found on google
  • i kept reaching the fire department
  • on some forum some guy suggested some other guy to use skype to call land lines, so i tried that too
  • i spent like 10 minutes trying to spell my SL username
  • also
    heres some community feed back from me regarding security

WOW

As frustrated as I am to be biting my tongue, I'm going to keep this civil: Linden Lab doesn't seem to care anymore.

I sent in abuse reports on someone who was threatening, harassing, and copybotting over 6 months ago, but nothing has been done to them yet. They still run around and cause trouble. I've sent in tickets about items lost in inventory glitches, and have been out the 10k+ lindens worth of items for over 6 months. I've tried contacting someone with some clout about resolving an issue where I was overcharged on my card for lindens, but nothing has come of that. I only have one thing to say about all this lack of support or seeming concern:

Linden Lab has become a tale told by an idiot... full of sound and fury, signifying nothing..

second life support may be real, there's no way of knowing for sure.

I received poor service but seem to have no way of complaining about it.  

very poor service would only be improved by accepting feedback.  This is the only way i've found to register that, other than contacting support.

Is second life support real? (please see above)

• 2 months later...

Well 3 months ago I was, without my knowledge or consent, put on a beta payment program. This meant I could not buy Lindens. I wrote to Support for 3 months. Nothing. Then a month before my Premium membership was due I was taken off the beta so that my credit card could be charged :) Now I suddenly find that my LInden Home's control panel has gone on to a beta and yes, it no longer functions. Why doesn't anyone at LL understand that a BETA program is an experimental one that the user VOLUNTEERS for.

Will I complain to Support about this? What would be the point? It just wears me out. It will be far easier to give up the Linden home and then - what is the use of having a Premium membership?

• 3 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.