Can I add a paypal account without a credit card?

Chasey Barnside

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

If you link your PayPal account to your bank account and verify the account with PayPal you should be OK.   That''s what I did with my PayPal account, and operated it without a credit card attached for several years.   

I'm in the UK, though -- it may differ in other countries, depending on banking practices there.

ETA:  To be strictly accurate, I linked my PayPal account to my bank debit card.    Some bank debit cards (like mine) allow PayPal to debit your account immediately, and thus guarantee the transaction.   Some don't.   I think whether or not you can use PayPal plus a bank debit card depends on whether PayPal can be sure it's got your money before it sends anything to LL.

• Like 1

You can "verify" your PayPal account with a bank account.  The only caution is that you must keep enough money actually in the PayPal account to pay any charges from Linden Lab.  They require instant payment, and won't wait several days for money to transfer from your bank to PayPal to them.

Follow the instructions on the PayPal website for the "verification" process.  It generally takes a few business days to complete.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.