How do I check login history/logs?

Natalyafr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2656 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So recently, i found my inventory wiped clean. I'm incredibly upset about it and have no idea how it's happened. I want to try and figure out if i've had someone hack my account, but i don't know if i can view a log of all logins from IP addresses, what time, date etc. Anyone have any ideas?

2 answers to this question

If you think you have been hacked, as fast as possible check the email address in the SL account. Make sure it is correct. If not, fix it.

Hopefully you are smart enough to avoid using the same password on email and SL. But, change the password on your email account as if it was hacked, that may be how they got your SL password. Then change your Second Life password. Now you can work at finding your inventory.

A password change has no effect on inventory.

All the password change stuff needs to happen quickly. If you were hacked and notice you trying to lock them out, they may try to lock you out of the account.

Next work through the steps Firestorm recommends for recovering inventory: http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_missing_inventory

These steps work on all viewers.

You might not need to panic quite yet.  You've been in SL long enough by now to know that inventory does sometimes go missing.  You may be able to recover items that are apparently missing by simply clearing your cache manually and forcing the viewer to download a fresh copy.

HOWEVER, if you truly do have reason to fear that someone has had access to your acount, by all means follow these instructions immediately >>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Account_Security

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2656 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.